⌛ SNEAK PEEK! Age of Empires II: DE November Update!

If your mod is asking for this, I humbly suggest that you should listen to him, dear devs @GMEvangelos

You know, a lot of us are super hype with the upcoming update. Please don’t break our Hearts :heart:

2 Likes

Will this include support for independent unit and architecture with the default Dataset???

2 Likes

Maybe with Quick Play I can now fulfill my AoE2 dreams of being a full time memer without worrying about an inaccurate ELO rating, or spoiling the unspoken rules of this-or-that lobby game.

5 Likes

I like the new changes in the Sneak Peek.
The three things that I think could be changed are:

• The art from the buttons. I mean, the art is good but being “monochrome” does not sit well with the rest of the UI and its colors.
  • Maybe Empire Wars could be added to the ranked ladder too?
  • A lithuanian campaign! Or at least an historical battle
3 Likes

I am one who wanted an FFA matchmaker for so long! I am so happy this comes out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I noticed this too! hahahah fingers crossed.

1 Like

And showed the Bulgarians and Turks…

2 Likes

I hope balancing Steppe Lancer gets the highest priority. Other than that small nerf for Goths and Teutons and a good buff for Koreans is needed. Small buffs for some civs like Ethiopians, Spanish, Tatars and Turks will also be great.

1 Like

Is it possible to add a caption to a video? I have no problem reading, but listening can be half-hearted.

1 Like

Maybe have an option to toggle between “Classic”, “Default” and “Definitive” main menus if possible.

I just hope a new campaign at the very least or more historical battles? But what I really pray from AoE 2 devs @GMEvangelos besides the Battle Royale mode is a Co-op Mode similar to Starcraft 2 in the future for us single-players.

4 Likes

So grateful that you guys have the budget to keep working on this. Lookinh forward to new historic scenario’s or campaigns.
Don’t like the new menu though.

8 Likes

Good, he said “the biggest update that the game received”, including balance changing, and i hope they fixed the Cavalry Archers problems.

Thanks and good work guys keep going, we all love this game :grin:

3 Likes

Ohh I need to know which Civs will be changed… o.o
But why did the show Khmer? :smiley: I think they’re balanced right now… Tatars are actually quite weak, I think… hmm
Let’s see… lol

Khmer are arguably the most complained about civ right now and are very strong indeed, with an insane economy and lots of options across the board.

I think Tatars would be fixed with a Cav Archer buff and arguably a small eco buff.

6 Likes

I just hope they dont give them the same frame delay as Mangudai. I think that a lone could make Tartars a top tier civ… Say good bye to skirmisher defense.

Overall looks like a nice update. I’m not sure how to feel about quick play however.
On the one hand I am looking forward to a matchmade option to play Empire Wars. Will probably play the ■■■■ out of that, but on the other hand it leads to lobby games, drifting even more into obscurity, making it harder for the small communities there to maintain themselves.
However, it could also lead to more new players finding their way into the game.

You can play coop already when you choose the same colour.

You propably can even play campaigns in coop. Put the campaign scenario file into your custom scneario folder and host it with your friend to play it together.

Cutscenes before and after won’t play propably.

Won’t work thought on campaign lvs mit 8 players already since there is no free slots to coop with.

If the devs could make this a bit more easy for the average user, that would propably help to people interested in this.

2 Likes

Thanks for your insight but wouldn’t it better if the devs actually create official co-op content without us having to go to all that hassle.

3 Likes

Henry the Lion has a point there. You will split players in more categories… 1 ranked, 1RMqm, 1BRqm, 1EWqm and rest in lobbies. that creates longer wait times. i dont care much as i play mostly ranked…

IDEA: mybe make 1 queue that you can just select which modes you like and it will get you in the first.

2 Likes

I hope ‘quick play’ is matching elo’s even though its unranked. If not it’ll be unusable for most of the player base imho.

1 Like

Great. Now we want more civs added.
Polish
Armenia
Georgia
Taino
Tibetans
Polynesians
Congolese Empire
Kanhem-Bornu Empore
Kingdom of Zimbabwe/Mutapa/ Shona People
Kingdom of Ghana