⌛ SNEAK PEEK! Age of Empires II: DE November Update!

those changes are all corrections of wrong descriptions, no gameplay changes

5 Likes

Thanks ! I didn’t know that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually it comes only as different mod game. With standard rules FFA is still missing

Quick play seems pretty useless. Unranked match making? No idea how we would get balanced teams. If you use the ranking, it becomes ranked. So i am not really sure how that would work… Not really liking that feature for that reason. I hope it will be explained a little bit more.

2 Likes

There already exists an “unranked” elo which is usable in lobies…

No. The ranked queues stay the same. The “lobbies” become easier. Since instead of scrolling through 1000 “noob only” games filled with trolls and/or bad ping you just join the relevant unranked queue.

1 Like

impossible no nore civs

In my opinion Turks will get buff. I guess Janissaries’ reload time could decrease

Why not join the ranked queue? Its the same…

So what’s the difference between ranked random map and quick play random map?

1 Like

one is the current ranked queue, the other one is “unranked” elo used in the lobbies as it stands, its 2 seperate elos, i dont care about my elo, but some people do, so theres a way of not affecting the elo that people care about…

1 Like

Well an unranked queue is nice, if you are not in the mood to play very serious. But still want to play some age after a long work day.

3 Likes

So there is absolutely no difference. The unranked elo is also accessible via AoE2.net, so you still can see how you win/lose elo. Therefore, all it does is splitting the player base.
Making a quickplay option for other game modes is a good idea imo, but for random map it doesnt make any sense.

So why not just do the same in the ranked queue? You still win/lose elo in quick play. Its just a different elo.

I kindly request that the font/text on the civ screen be made more user-friendly.

It’ll be a bit of a chore to scan through info finding the important info and differences between civs if the font/text choice looks like this (screenshot from the vid). ALL CAPS, no indents, huge letters, lines wrapping, all the same font size, all the same font color, no text formatting (bold, underlines, etc.), and capital letters being virtually the same size as regular letters.

It’s a good recipe for a poor user experience.

The font size could probably easily be cut in half to help readability. Using upper case and lower case letters would definitely help, too; as would better distinction between headers and sub-content.

15 Likes

Thank you for the continues updates. Best RTS game ever. Honorouble mention Rise of Nations.

1 Like

Any talk of a Rise of Nations Definitive Edition? It still has a big player base.

5 Likes

It’s not pretty useless, it’s more of a niche QOL feature. This quick play is designed to be similar to SC2’s unranked. I think this is for players who want to try do some cheese strategies without hurting their visible mmr/elo rating or play a multiplayer game with less anxiety.

Does Microsoft still own the Rise of Nations Franchise though? It would be really a Christmas if they can also remastered both Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends after AoE 4 alongside AoM Remaster.

6 Likes

The main menu before was dull, I mean it was just a boring font and everything. The sketches look like the original AOE 2 campaign drawings, so in my opinion I love the new menu.

the new Main Menu UI looks cool but will there be an option or a mod that allows you to switch it.
better yet, Is there a mod that allows you to have the classic Main Menu in the game?

Though I am curious on how Battle Royale Would work in RTS Gameplay

2 Likes

What you see as splitting the community, I see as expanding the community. Increasing the total population of AoE 2 player base by providing new content, improvements, and enabling more players to try their best in multiplayer. Lobbies aren’t friendly and efficient. Matchmaking is.

2 Likes