So. . . No preview, no release date, not even a picture? Only two flags?

The entire press conference only mentioned Age of Empires 3 “by the way” when mentioning Age of Empires 4.
Oh My God! How afraid World’s Edge is of mentioning Age of Empires 3!

41 Likes

I feel extremely disappointed

28 Likes

They even repeatedly mentioned the previously released Age of Empires 4 DLC, and there was no new information other than the Age 3 flag.
Then, like a retarded person, I stayed in front of the computer and watched two people play Age of Empires 2 for 40 minutes…
It’s four o’clock in the morning, East Eighth District time, and I know I’m stupid.

26 Likes

I’m counting on compensation in the form of an awesome DLC.

These civs MUST be made properly! This DLC MUST contain a lot of cool stuff!

3 Likes

Pray to as many gods as you know, because with the company’s constant mistreatment of the game, many of us have doubts. :pensive:

6 Likes

I see them say end of 2024! so December before Christmas probably.

12 Likes

Or November 11, Independence Day in Poland xDDDDD

It may also be September 12 - the anniversary of the Relief of Vienna.

3 Likes

This whole AoE IV conspiracy when the main topic was the mobile game, with AoM: Retold taking up the second-most space, is just very funny.

Don’t get me wrong, I know what it’s like to wish you got more info about the game you want to hear news about. But IV ain’t the competition on that score. If anything, we’re with you :wink:

2 Likes

So you would rather not hear anything at all about it until they have enough materials for a full presentation?

I’m now fully convinced that someone patrols the forum searching for certain keywords and jumps into the subforum he never visited (about a game he couldn’t even recognize the screenshots of) whenever those keywords co-occur and defend the poor lil new game who has been bullied ever since its release.

4 Likes

No you’re overly sensitive. Every time AOE3 receives little attention there is a perfect reason for it. AOE3 just happens to be the unlucky one that runs into all different conditions that hinders a good advertising. Whether it be the announcement for some other more important games, or a new release will drop soon, or AOE3 happens to have nothing to show.

Like back in the interview for AOE4 they happened to forget about where torch throwing is coming from when they remember some players even want the card system from AOEO.
In the 25 anniversary they happened to have not a single host who recognizes the “cannon galleon”.

This time there are two other major announcements and AOE3 just happens to be in a situation where there is nothing to show.

Well then what about holding an event when AOE3 has a lot to show…no that is not a possibility. Are you out of your mind?

14 Likes

Initially, when I saw 3DE and IV lumped together I thought it was odd but afterward, it was understandable since there wasn’t much to say I guess. Admittedly I tuned out after the flag reveal but the 3DE DLC is many months away.

The devs are probably in the conceptual stage I gather. I read somewhere it takes about 8 months to design a civ in 2DE so adding a couple more months for 3DE civs sounds about right. The flag leaks for PLC and Denmark happened late last year.

1 Like

This music perfectly summarized how I feel since the DLC announcement news back then till the stream

1 Like

But guys, is nothing good for you?

They literally gave us the bare minimum, a DLC announcement and 2 new civilizations. The content is, it exists, it is promised and it will arrive.

And the funny thing is that if they hadn’t given us even 2 minutes of announcement, now the forum would be full of threads saying “Ugh, they didn’t give us even 2 minutes of content” “Ugh, they forgot us, MS doesn’t want us” "Ugh, What did it cost them to make a minimum announcement?

They gave us a lot guys, let’s be grateful and keep working. Remember that developers are people, they work and many do it for the love of the game.

16 Likes

“someone” :slight_smile:

Good to know you’re still patrolling for my posts!

But no, I own the free version of AoE III: DE, and I share in the OP’s sentiments about how the stream focused on two games more than it focused on the others. I often lurk here! But you do you.

I don’t lurk here. I permanently and publicly reside here because I have always played the game and participated in the discussion, including this thread. Someone (meaning you this time) seems not.

But by that previous “someone” I was not pointing at you but some other ninja-deleted reply.

I think we are all incredibly thankful that they are creating another DLC for us and I really hope it sells well (it should - both popular civs).

The problem is that the ‘event’ itself was just terrible - for AOE3 players, we saw this on the AOE page:

• Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition : After giving our players a new way to play for free in 2023, we are excited to reveal a new DLC with new civilizations.

With the reality being 12-15 seconds of two flags with not even the effort to say who they were. I mean the excerpt above (and the social media post) minus the flags is literally what was revealed! Chumps like me stuck to the end just for any other details about it.

On a more positive note, I’m very glad that we have it set in stone that we are getting a DLC. Whilst I would love more Asian civs, Poland and Denmark are absolutely fine and I hope that these (hopefully last for the region!) Euro civs generate more attention and more sales to push into more DLC.

16 Likes

Not too bad this time considering the “campaign focused dlc” for AOE2.

5 Likes

I’m in complete agreement here. I’m thrilled about the content, but the event was lame. I timed it and the flags were on screen for exactly 3 seconds, and despite being a major line item in the event announcement, AOE3 future content was only discussed for 15 seconds. The only thing that wasn’t included in the event announcement for our game were two jpgs. Two very revealing jpgs, but when announcing a major DLC you expect a little bit of effort to try to build hype. Things like some promotional artwork or discussing the inspiration behind the factions. We weren’t expecting a promotional trailer or even gameplay, but we were expecting them to announce the DLC civs, and technically they didn’t even do that.

8 Likes

Does anyone know what countries those flags are from?