So Relic, are you actually taking in feedback or just going to play dead?

Well, we already pass all game…

I do not know what to do any more, whit a kill strike of killing oponent whit only villager. XD

Maybe i play too much video games.

Hoping to hear some fresh news from relic

How about play MP which is the primary aspect of this game?

This is just the bug list.

1 week later and nothing but “server maintenance”.

Nice to see Relic care about what the fans are requesting.

4 Likes

Well you know it takes a bit of time to add new features squash bugs etc. Sure they should say something but others have mentioned that they know already. Microsoft also has been known to fully check patches before release so…

2 Likes

All active online games have a server maintenance period. Server maintenance is not equal to a patch. In fact server maintenance will probably happen each week. Patches normally appear once a month, unless it’s a hotfix.

As many other people have already told you, maintenance and releasing patches are two separate things. Maintenance is needed and will probably occur at least one time per week while patches takes time to develop and then implement after Microsoft gives the green light so to speak.

Again, have patience and they will come with a new update but man it’s been a week since the release of the game. These days people expect everything to happen immediately and don’t have patience.

WHY ISNT THERE 39 CIVS IN THE GAME YET?

1 Like

Don’t be ridiculous. This is AoE4, so clearly there should be 40 civs.

While I agree that the product they released is incomplete and that this is actually quite a scandal, I am not so pessimistic in the end.

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt was filled with bugs and problems when it was released, but is now arguably one of the best RPG/Action Adventure games ever made.
Skyrim was also a mess when it was released; but somehow the market for that type of blank-slate open world game was so strong that they won all a lot of awards anyway.

The only game development company consistently releasing extremely polished and perfected games seems to be Nintendo these days.

So, don’t confuse a bad initial release with what the impact of the game will be in 10 years or so. There are a lot of issues, but they can fix all of them, create a map editor, scenario editor, modding support (the page already exists), finish the HRE, add multiple other civilizations while maintaining great balance, etc. But of course, they can also NOT do these things and turn AoE4 into a disaster.

Of course, when making a documentary about a game that has become a great success, the people in the documentary will try to come across as passionate as they can. Whether or not they really were as passionate and motivated, you don’t actually know.

1 Like

AoE IV is definitely Microsoft subcontracting a B-team from Relic to take advantage of CoH3 development and release another, simpler game in parallel, probably without having access to all features of Relic’s engine. Development costs are cheaper, bug knowledge can be shared across AoE and CoH teams and MIcrosoft fills its wallet with no sweat.

Right now we are all testing a lot of codebase for CoH3 and that game is probably going to be stellar as a result. The performance tanking while panning in AoE? Surely something the CoH devs are fixing as we speak.

Back on topic, the almost zero communication and feedback acknowledgement from Relic, World’s Edge and Microsoft during the closed beta and stress test (and which still continues to this day) has been awful. One thing is for devs to reply to bug reports, but many things are not bugs but still complaints and those have been met with utter silence. Zoom levels? Yes, thank you. Seeing the map after a game? Sure, hon. Siege clipping terrain? New game, who dis?

11 Likes

Exactly. It’s absurd that Relic or whoever is in charge of the ‘community management’ will not acknowledge customers complaints/feedback.

“If we ignore it long enough, they’ll stop asking.”

Horrendous community management.

5 Likes

So Relic, any plans this week?

1 Like

I love this thread, I want to love this game and buy it as it seems gathering many RTS players here.
But I can’t as I really dont see Relic can make this half-finished product right.

As a game in 2021, the multiplayer features are really awful, they dont even have a proper player profile and end game stat. Regarding there are tons of problems which mentioned in this forum.
Most of them are not even mentioned or handled from them.

I really cant see the passion they are going to improve of this game, I wont invest any my time and money in this stuff.

3 Likes

If they are clever enough, they are probably looking to this forums. And game may be a legend like aoe2 with new civs added, balance issues resolved and bugs are cleared.

If they are not clever enough, the game will decay over time and got forgotten.

Well, with how they’re responding to feedback (they’re not), it seems it’s destined for a slow death.

Guess they’ve released AOE4 and ran off to work on CoH 3 full-force.

1 Like

they are responding you are just blind , go to the bugs and report category on this forum and see it for your self

4 Likes

Can confirm, around 4pm cst, the devs have been responding to almost every single bug report. Maybe if the first patch doesn’t actually fix anything, then I would worry. However this post is a bastion of gloom-mongers. It seems like the devs respond around 4 on various weekdays, almost like this is a job and they have lives.

3 Likes

Yeah, their QA Team is responding and tracking and logging. Which is good on their side.

I guess what people want though is a Community Manger who is strolling through the forums and communicating to the broad masses about what is going on. Unfortunately proper community management is lacking in a lot of studios/publishers. If you want proper community management/communication look at what Coffee Stains Studios (Valheim, Goat Simulator, Satisfactory) do in terms of communication and community management. (Monthly Q+A Streams, Regular Log Videos by the CM to give insides into current state of what is going on, lots of activity in the forums, open communication about difficulties in the development process, thought processes behind gameplay decisions).

Triple AAA “Community Management” unfortunately often feels like the position is more a Press Official, if, mainly talking to Media and posting some stuff here and there on social media…

Often a simple “Hey, we hear you, we are adressing stuff, but it will take some time, we dont know yet exactly when the first patch comes out, we aim for this and that, but take it with some skepticism, it can change” is enough to calm the masses.

But yeah, in that sense - radio silence.

5 Likes

I mean at least they are attempting something. Much better than Overwatch with literally nothing, not even bug acknowledgment. I guess if they where smart, they would have their own “Jeff” and have someone address the community as a whole and not each post individually. Thanks for explaining it without all the doom and gloom.