So Relic, are you actually taking in feedback or just going to play dead?

Activision-Blizzard is unsarcastically a bottom of a barrel in the industry, on many levels. I’m not sure using it as an example is useful to anyone.
Yeah they also didn’t act like a few developers, took the money, and run away. They could’ve stabbed a few fans on their way out but they didn’t, let’s remember that and be thankful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Actually as an active member of their forums from day one, you are flat out wrong. I even had one of my own posts directly answered by one of their lore directors. Michal Chu. The problems with Overwatch has arisen these past 2 years with the announcement of Overwatch 2 and the firing of the majority of their devs.

Valheim as an example? They killed the game with their silence and slow development.

P.S. A good example is Dyson Sphere Program (Youthcat Studio).

Obviously, I’m talking about a few recent years, plus the company as a whole (which by now pretty much fully merged, there is no Blizzard, leaving aside all people that left or were let go).

Back in the days of WarCraft III Blizzard was on the top in the industry.
Even the Activision logo, in the days of Soldier of Fortune, could put a smile on one’s face.
These days company could vanish and I wouldn’t blink. Since WC3, and SC2, I’ve only enjoyed initial year or two of HS.

1 Like

I guess I should have been more specific, Blizzard used to be very good at communicating with their community, to the point where they would have interactive twitch videos from the devs, consistent developers videos, and special hidden secret announcements, and of corse random feedback directly to various posts like mine: Is Hammond a scientist or engineer? - Story Discussion - Overwatch Forums

They didn’t have to do that, and I miss it. So compared to how blizzard is now, I will take a simple bug acknowledgment over nothing.

1 Like

They may be answering the bug reports but they don’t look in the discussion section it seems, especially they don’t answer about balance issues or small improvements that game needs.

1 Like

The only thing regarding these elements that come to my mind, outside of mostly very dry, corporate interviews, was beta survey.
And it was, to put it lightly, a one-way conversation with (judging by what people were talking about) very little actual impact.

1 Like

Inacreditável que seu comentário cirúrgico ta sendo flaggeado por snowflakes. Só li verdades aqui. 85% de aprovação pra um jogo que é pra enganar a massa casual. Nisso eles foram felizes, atingiram o público alvo.

No way to tell if they are looking. If we’re being honest though a lot of those threads are completely worthless. If I were them I would definitely not bother conversing in there. I think they could do better though putting out a statement to everyone with what they’re working on and near future plans.

3 Likes

at least they could consider the topics with high post counts.

1 Like

I have heard from multiple sources that blizard and others don’t and can’t get involved respond or even interact as much as years ago because EULA laws and infringements and other political BS keep them watching their own backs” to prevent leaks, lawsuits, and complications… its sad really

1 Like

Replying for exposure, Relic please say something.

1 Like
  • 1 billion. They are listening, I am sure, but development doesnt work like that, also new feedback is added every day.

They are playing pretty well so far xD
No transparency at all…

I actually hear both sides on this thread here, but I think what’s surprising is the lack of hotfix for the game breaking Relic bug. Regardless of what your opinion is regarding the communication, I think we can all agree that it’s puzzling why it’s taking so long for them to fix the Relic abuse. We had these issues in AoE2DE, and they were patched within 24-48 hours or something like that. AoE2DE had problems that took forever for them to fix as well, but at least they patched anything game-breaking very quickly.

The devs still have have my full support, but I genuinely hope they act faster cleaning up the major issues as they come so players don’t get fed up and leave the game for good. We had a great start, but the great gameplay can only carry the game so much, so I understand why some folks criticize the communication as we have no idea if there’ll be a hotfix first, or a massive patch, or anything in between.

9 Likes

If only there was community manager to talk with players, give estimate about updates or give any statement about issues, plans or whatever… ops there is at least 2 from Microsoft and 1 from Relic…wonder what they are doing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

We don’t know what they’re allowed and not allowed to share. We cannot criticize anyone without knowing what’s going on behind the scenes. As far as I’m concerned, this is Relic’s problem as a whole - not a given individual. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A dev replied in discussions!

ErissarAge of Empires Dev (Microsoft)

7h

Thank you so much for your feedback. Keep sharing your ideas and suggestions. We will make the game better together

1 Like

obviosuly but i what’s point of having this many community managers if they don’t seem to do that much outside of newsposts and such . On AoEo times you at least knew CM was working within community but after that times CM partipation has gone down a lot which in conflic of MS saying how they are listening and etc… Also in other games CMs having much active role.

How about releasing a complete game at launch so there aren’t so many things that require attention and improvement? I like the game but for a AAA game, the release product is bare bones.

2 Likes