So, Relic is moving on to something new, while World's Edge is procrastinating?!

again, the graphics are basicaly on par. age 4 just has a different art style. live with it or dont.

8 Likes

Lol no!, COH3 graphics looks superior in every way, even in its pre-alpha state, there are some similarities like explosions looks poor but community on coh3 will force it to be changed. in coh3 you can see better and most important immersive graphics, what a difference now I am more exited for COH3 than Age of Disney 4

8 Likes

No, COH3 seems a lot Better than AOE4

13 Likes

Somewhat ironic that CoH3 gets a playable build before AoE4 gets its beta and near launch state. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Granted there’s a difference but looking at this, I’m slightly less interested in AoE4 as those graphics look way better.

7 Likes

Is there even a beta announced before the AoE4 release?

You can already play CoH3 beta, just check the steam page.

An AoE4 beta I mean. If I would be in charge, I would not release a beta for AoE4. So is there one announced?

If you mean for AoE4, then somewhat. We know a beta is officially on its way “so0o0o0on” but no fixed date for said beta announced so it’s just a case of just playing the waiting game.

But I was just joking that what with both games under Relic, AoE4 edging towards a release whereas CoH3 gets announced and a build is available to play on the same day - granted there’s some substantial differences here.

2 Likes

And people still say that graphics are not important in an RTS lol, how wrong they are!

I hope relic/Microsoft notice this and improve the graphics in age IV, they are using same engine so it won’t be that difficult, they just need time.

8 Likes

Hey dude. But it doesn’t make sense to have such a small team to focus on two projects. I also think COH 3 probably got started a while back…but I just hope the actual devs who made the game continue to improve the game post-launch. Thank you for telling me about the interview- you’re correct.

AGE IV is under Microsoft and COH3 under SEGA, sega is changing its approach and letting people know their games in early stage so they can provide feedback, I like that.

8 Likes

Look I am not against Relic…heck I have been rooting for them all along. I am simply questioning why a 300 head count studio would work on two projects…even this 300 number would include non-developers too. I just want to know who is gonna handle this game post-launch.

They still have around 300 people working for Relic if I recall correctly, that is huge.

3 Likes

I don’t know what kind of help MS asked from Relic…but I would like to think you’re wrong and say that this was not their side project to verify IF they can create a historical game.

1 Like

I don’t know buddy. It’s an average number, but 300 definitely includes non-developers also. I don’t know, I want to be REALLY wrong when the game releases.

Microsoft just loves to hire contractual people to do developments. Don’t they. I can’t say a lot but where I work they tend to give a lot of software contracts to companies like Deloitte.

LOL, stop it dude. You put doubts in my mind. Let me be in my thought bubble.

3 Likes

If you can get players to play early, they’ll be more willing to pre-order.

1 Like

Why did they run pre-orders?
After all, we don’t even know what the game looks like and how it is played.
It’s upside down

1 Like

If they ruin AoE 4’s release I would forever give Relic a big F-you. Actually, I would give it to Xbox Games Studios… they should have known better. What the hell man.

2 Likes