So, Relic is moving on to something new, while World's Edge is procrastinating?!

Just a fantastically good game

I Played all Company of heroes games. I’m big fan of this franchise and yes, it’s readable for me because i play often with zoom in. Never problem with It.

1 Like

What do you expect when both games have been developed by the same studio?

You can compare Crew 2 and Far Cry 5, games from the same developer, from Ubisoft.

I have to say it looks very decent and runs much more smooth than the previous one, and my Potato Computer is meanwhile 5 years old lol. This is from the very first view, a clear up-to-date AAA game, with a nice focus on things people need in RTS like story mode, tactical pause and many more.

I do not say its a perfect game, but you can see there they were at least trying to make a good game.
And for me, as RTS player, it goes clearly in the right direction.

CoH3 Beta has now Positiv (244) to Negativ (83) ratings/reviews.
Even there Negativ ones are rather used for feedback.

2 Likes

So you mean that the team, the best Relic team, is doing worse than the team at a lower level? Or in general, what right does someone have to claim that some of the developers are not trying? These people work every day, their work is quite complicated and nervous, and it is not polite to say that someone is not trying very politely because you do not know these people.
COH 3 looks interesting, I will play it the same way as in AoE 4, but these are different games about different things, or is it too difficult to understand? You are comparing ice cream and cutlet.

PS In general, I advise you to go to the COH forum, this forum is still dedicated to AoE, where people try to discuss this particular series of games.

2 Likes

Ok, i made some screenshots with 4k resolution: after the first patch the game runs pretty well with maximum details

Campaign Map: it’s really really cool

Unit Models

Models are simply better than Aoe4.

Same Engine, Same Developers and similar art Direction but with drastical difference “DETAILS”.

6 Likes

In this case, I think it will not be difficult for you to compare Assassin’s Creed and Rainbow Six Sige, one developer and one engine. Dude, these are different games, can you compare Civilization and Total War Warhammer, but that they are both strategies and do not care that they have a different design and focus, this does not bother you.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I also want to add that in any case, you are poking around. I don’t see screenshots where the jeep flies into the air when driving through a small obstacle, I don’t see a screenshot where the soldiers hairstyle creeps through the helmet, I don’t see a screenshot where the head falls into the shoulders of dead soldiers, therefore you are not objective. I saw everything that I listed above.

Both titles are RTS: there are not difference. You can’t compare civilization and Total war because the First One Hasn’t RTS elements.

2 Likes

You are not comparing gameplay, but visual style, and we are talking about it, you do not need to wag.

1 Like

I didn’t have this issues. Sorry. These screenshots are in game and it’s enough.

I don’t have any interest into gameplay because i know It Will be good: every AOE games have good gameplay. I’m discussing about graphic, nothing more. These screenshots show the difference very well. There’s no more to Say about that, i think.

1 Like

In this case, we cannot say that the game works well, since you may not notice what others have.

These screenshots show about the Second World War, with rather poor readability of units, which are difficult to distinguish without an additional interface on the screen in the form of large symbols, moreover, it is these icons that you will click on, and not the unit itself, which is rather sad, but the game not about that. See, I understand that the game is not about that, but you ran into realism and want Company of Empires, AoE 4 looks like it should, good enough for AoE, COH looks like it should, that’s all. These are DIFFERENT games, about DIFFERENT gameplay, and, accordingly, they look DIFFERENT.

1 Like

For me It runs well. Those are my impressions and there are many other people on community Who didn’t have many issues. And This Is pre-alpha. AOE4 is in beta but It Hasn’t the same Graphic quality.

In this case, I can say that my opinion is that, and I know many people who have no problems with AoE 4 graphics, and our words will be equivalent.

1 Like

No, i would like to see a Age of Empires with a Better textures nothing more. You can’t show a game with elements and textures which are worse than AOE3de: this Is the problem.

COH3 seems a new generation game.

2 Likes

Oh Halo Wars 2!!! still in the market and i keep playing it a lot, such great game. Yeah it’s a pitty that the DE of the Halo Wars 1 is on steam but the second didn’t make it

1 Like

COH 3 seems like a logical continuation of the series, if you are gushing with delight from the tactical mode on the global map that was still in Dark Crusade, I am surprised at you, you are probably very young. The gameplay of the game itself is the same as in the previous parts of the series.