So today is the big day

On full throttle, Frantically analyzing the info.
index

Yeah, will remember the music next time. :crazy_face:

Didn’t devs said they are working something big on spring? Seriously these doomsayings are becoming bit annoying.

6 Likes

First, let me preface this by acknowledging that AoE2DE is the more profitable game and AoEIV is the shiny new toy.

Ok, now with that out of the way let’s point something out. If Ao2DE players with their 42 civs that have marginal differences want more content then why shouldn’t 3DE players? our civs are actually interesting and have depth. Not saying 3DE should have as many civs as 2DE but there’s still room for 6-8 more. FE has done great so far. One can argue that 2DE is a complete game but that doesn’t stop them from requesting more.

This isn’t about being spoiled or entitled but purely the desire to see the game flourish and reach its potential. I still feel like there is room to grow and no matter how unrealistic it may be I don’t think we should give up on the game just yet, not until there’s a clear indication of support stopping.

Maybe I’m wrong on this, but the fact the devs are giving us players more ways to finance the game is a good sign.

5 Likes

I don’t care about the limitations on addition of civs as long as they are made with care and passion just like the previous DLCs, I’ll support the game. It is not just the case of adding more civs but more ways to play the game.

AOE 3 DE has the least interesting campaigns of the franchise and the custom campaigns are nowhere to be found. Historical battles are great but far too few.

We need a mode similar to SC2 co-op where there is progression and casual fun without losing replayability. Currently there is still only one mission in the Challenges under player profile, why not add some more missions quarterly.

There are lots of good suggestions in the forums too considering new cards, new civs, new maps and new UI/UX experiences. The marketing team for AOE 3 DE is not really enticing new players to join the game. The Tycoon mode failed, the devs need to invest in a long term game mode like SC2’s co-op, it is something parents and people of all ages can enjoy.

The lack of spectator updates and Twitch integration doesn’t help expose the game to more gaming communities.

2 Likes

Yes, it would be splendid for AOE3 to have long-term features like draft & roguelike modes. (I’d put in a few days researching existing products and thinking about how it can be done.) However, these also require considerably more dev work than Tycoon, not from programming difficulty, but from time needed to finetune gameplay until they obtain replayability & casual accessibility. It’ll be a greater commitment into gameplay than 3DE has received so far.

A big update next spring has been confirmed.
But I don’t think it will be a new civ DLC but some map/scenarios/cosmetics etc.
I’d be happy to be proven wrong though.

Boy someone even forwarded my post to reddit.
I was the one who has been strongly against the doomsayers. I do not know how I become a doomsayer.
I never speculated the game is getting no more updates, but at a slower and more steady rate, which is to say, compared to the previous monthly reworks, because it is now at a more “complete” state of civ designs.

5 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I’ve seen North Sentinel Island civ suggestion on Reddit.

How the hell is that big? What is your definition of small patch?

…did you even read what I wrote?

Yes. You said

Which will be a “big update” devs promised coming this spring.

Which I SPECULATE will be.

I’m talking about the amount of new maps and scenarios (historical maps count here) like the KoTM DLC.
If you think that’s not big enough it’s up to you.
I think it is.

And it is my SPECULATION.

And I am saying it’s a dumb speculation because it doesn’t fit with what Devs said.
Need I remind you Knights of Mediterranean brought 2 new civs.

Devs just said big update.
There is no model of anything called a “big update” before to follow. New civs were directly teased as new civs. Balance patches were called balance patches.!So I’m free to speculate anything.

I cannot see why this is even worth arguing for.

And it is called a full separate DLC not a “big update”.

I’m just curious. What do you gain by arduously refuting a SPECULATION?

Because that is dumb doomsaying that doesn’t fit what Devs promised. Maps alone are minor patches-like ones in July.

1 Like

Because it is not doomsaying.
Doomsaying is to say getting nothing new at all.
Not having another big civ DLC in the near future is far from doomsaying.

If we keep up the expectation that new DLCs are coming they will be more willing to make them.
They need to see that there is demand fore more AoE3!

5 Likes

I’d like to see DLCs that focus on Eastern Asia, Middle East or Eastern Europe.
At present I personally would prefer some more sp contents like campaigns and scenarios though.

Edit: I forgot the unique skins (at least for royal guard units). That might also qualify a big update, just to mention.

5 Likes

Now that’s better we still need copium to believe for “better content” updates. We are all here for #morecivs #moreAOE3DE.

No more tycoon mode gimmick but more challenges and other PVE modes for casual players. In turn more players more will watch the remaining esports for AOE 3 DE. I’ ve seen the lack of content creator for this underrated gem, losing drongo was a huge blow to AOE 3 DE. I hope someone takes the mantle of being the SOTL for AOE 3 DE.

1 Like