EDIT: Problem solved, see my comment below.
Not really about modding but scenario editor and triggers, not sure if I can ask here:
I am currently making a custom scenario, player can play around with different Siege weapons. I have some questions about Blast Damage.
Here is the 2 goals I want to achieve:
- Onager cannot damage trees & do friendly damage
- Organ Gun do blast damage & no friendly damage - The goal is increase the damage against a group of enemy, ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶, so I choose blast damage instead.
EDIT: To change the attack of the Secondary Projectile, modify the projectile itself, not the unit.
If my research is right, I should be able to achieve both by using trigger Modify Attribute:
- Change the Blast Attack Level of Onager to 2 (same as Mangonel) so it can’t damage trees, while keep damaging ally
- Add Blast Width for Organ Gun so it do blast damage.
- Change the Blast Attack Level of Organ Gun to 3 so it can’t damage allied unit
- Change the Blast Defense Level of every playable unit to 2 so can’t be damaged by Organ Gun - From the information I found, unit cannot be damaged by blast attack with higher Attack Lv than units Defense Lv.
Now the problem is:
- Organ Gun (Attack lv3) still able to damage the units (Defense lv2)
- If I set the units to Defense lv1, it can’t be damaged by BOTH Organ Gun and Onager (Attack lv2)
- And if I set Onager to Attack lv1, it can damage the units but also start damaging trees.
Is there any way to achieve the 2 goals above?
Why Blast Attack Lv3 is able to damage Blast Defense lv2?
Btw, without modification, seems like every blast damage in this game will cause friendly fire, no exception. kind of weird for me.
Never mind, I found an alternative way to modify the damage of Organ Gun against a group of enemies, and seem like next update with change Organ Gun as well.
I increased the size of main projectile and make it able to pass through enemies (Yes, modify the projectile itself), then I make the Organ Gun has 0% accuracy (because somehow, only missed shots can damage enemies outside its target). So eventually, it does area attack without friendly fire. It works kind of like a scorpion, except shoots in a curve line.
All can be done by the trigger Modify Attribute.
Moreover, In the next update preview, ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶O̶r̶g̶a̶n̶ ̶G̶u̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶w̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶e̶f̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶c̶e̶n̶a̶r̶i̶o̶/̶C̶a̶m̶p̶a̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶. See update below
UPDATE: So the April update is live, here are a few here I found:
- Modifying Organ Gun’s Attack DOES NOT increase the damage of the secondary projectile, what they did is they created a completely new projectile, and it has the same attack as Organ Gun, and it will be only used as an Organ Gun’s secondary projectile.
- If you want to change the damage of the secondary projectile, just change the attack of that projectile.
- A̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶p̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶m̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶i̶l̶e̶… See update below
Interesting update, will continue to research.
FINAL UPDATE: After more testing, I think I reach the conclusion about this Organ Gun and Secondary Projectile thing (It’s is kind of off-topic since the title was about blast-attack), so this will be the last update:
- To modify the attack of the Secondary Projectile, you need to modify the projectile itself, not the unit.
- Attack dispersion does affect the Secondary Projectile, you need to modify the projectile itself. For example, Increase the Attack dispersion of Organ Gun’s Secondary Projectile, you will get a beautiful shotgun shot.
- You also need to modify the Accuracy Percent of the Secondary Projectile to make them able to damage enemies outside the target. 50 is the best number I found. If set to 100 accuracy, the projectile will only able to hit the target; Set to 0 accuracy, the projectile will hit any enemies, but do zero damage. (I really don’t understand why)
- If any Devs see this post, I would suggest you guys do both things above, to make Organ Gun a more shotgun-like unit!