Some Blacksmith Upgrades Are Being Researched Twice

Game Version: 101.101.36906.0 4941835

• **Build: 36906
  • **Platform: Steam
  • **Operating System: Windows 10
  • **Gamertag: Grakao

Issue:

Some blacksmith upgrades are being researched twice by some players in Ranked Matches, resulting in an unintended amount of armor and piercing armor for the units affected (the double techs stack with one another, akin to the 256x tech cheat code).

Reproduction Steps:

I have no idea because that was of another player’s doing, and watching the replay under his PoV and seeing the unit/research queue, I’ve noticed the Ring Archer Armor upgrade being researched twice (not simultaneously, it just started being researched again after the first one was finished).

I did try to reproduce it in a Standard Game without success. All upgrades worked just fine.

To give some more detail on the subject, this was a Ranked 4v4 Black Forest game, where one of our opponents had a +4 melee /+6 pierce armor on his Elite Skirmishers as Saracens. Their teammates were Teutons, Lithuanians and Khmer, and none of them could provide such a team bonus.

I didn’t notice that while playing because I was fighting alongside my flank partner at the other side of the map (I was the green one, as shown in the screenshot below), but seeing the replay I just noticed that extra armor coming out of nowhere.

While watching the replay again to find an example, I just realized he did research Ring Archer Armor twice, by observing his unit/research queue. This resulted in a 10 pierce armor Elite Skirmisher, pretty unbalanced if you ask me.

ATTACHMENTS:

Notice that the Elite Skirmishers have +4 melee and +6 pierce armor (Ring Archer Armor 2x):

Again, this was a Ranked Match, but I still think this issue might be related to the 256x tech cheat code somehow.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Two age up technologies appear in town center