Two age up technologies appear in town center

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36906.0 4941835
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: itipt1993

Issue:

After clicking age up from dark to feudal age, a second age up research appears in tc. Cancelling the age up refunds the resources and puts user in “limbo” between ages. Villagers can build feudal age buildings, but no feudal age technologies can be researched. The castle age tech in tc is permanently grayed out (with no explanation why). No crash.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start Feudal Age research.

ATTACHMENTS:

(upload://46fYTlkrDoOoNcfGmm83Uch3MaB.jpeg)
Screenshot showing two feudal age techs in tc.
game replay available on request.

3 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: last build as 5/10/20 on ranked match
  • Platform: steam
  • Gamertag: luciano

Issue:

Town watch researched twice on a ranked match, It queued twice like if it was an unit in town center

Reproduction Steps:

I dont remember cuz I wasnt paying attention when I pressed the button

ATTACHMENTS:

screenshot https://imgur.com/a/1YtS7jf

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Gamertag: Legion64

Issue:

Infantry attack upgrades were bugged in a game as Celts. At first, I couldn’t do the blast furnace upgrade, even though no other upgrades were queued. 2-3 mins later I could upgrade it. But as the research was queued I saw my infantry as Celts had +3 attack, which should not be possible (+4 soon after), and after the research completed, I got +6 attack. This was a ranked 1v1. Has not happened before, AFAIK.

Reproduction Steps:

ATTACHMENTS:

Would you mind re-uploading the image and sharing the game replay of the match where this happened? You can host the replay or both files in a OneDrive or Google Drive folder and then share the link so they can be passed along to the QA team.

Thank you for the report!

Updated, sorry for the delay !

Game Version: currently

• Build: town center
  • Gamertag: Eradicussc2

Issue:

(*in my last game i can’t advance to castle age because botton for advanced to new age was blocked *)

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. (List the steps we can take to reproduce the bug ourselves…)

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

1 Like

This bug report is a little hard to follow. Can you provide more details and clarity on what you saw/experienced? Where are we supposed to be looking in the screenshots? etc.

Was the button for Castle Age tinted red like this?

If so, could you afford going to Castle Age, and did you construct the necessary buildings?

yes the button is red, but you can watch in my first captura that i have blacksmith and stable even i have 1200 food and 200 gold, but i can´t advance to castle age

I mean, the guy is advancing to feudal twice. It’s that bug, someone posted an identical bug report earlier.

Do you have any idea what you might have done to be able to research feudal age twice?

I wish he would have said that. I’m no mind reader. You had the benefit of reading about this bug before from someone who probably explained it that way; I didn’t :slight_smile:

It’s demonstrated in the screenshots.

Here is a link to download the replay file:

At 8:22 game time, I queue up the first Feudal research.
At 8:57 the feudal research starts.
At 10:25 I try to queue a second villager at the tc, and a second feudal research is queued.
At 11:22 the first feudal tech finishes and the second starts.
At 11:44 I cancel the second feudal tech, which lands me in a limbo.

Hopefully this helps some! Let me know if there is anything else needed.

It’s not the proper or best way to file a bug report. There’s a help page on filing them, and when you start making a bug report, there are several fields to fill out. To just slap up two giant full-screen screenshots with no highlight or arrows on where we are supposed to be looking… with the screenshots being a replay, mind you, which not everyone uses… and the most minimalistic of descriptions possible, it’s just less than helpful or ideal.

Had I not replied to try and move the discussion forward and bring clarity, their thread probably would have just died. Now look, merged and we helped! Congrats.

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Gamertag: Juyhou

Issue:

Glitch that allowed me to do blacksmith upgrades (iron casting this time) multiple times:

First, for some reason, my blacksmith didn’t allow me to tech in to Blast furnace as Teutons (the tech was visible, but couldn’t click like I didn’t have the res for, even I had them. Then, after trying to click the blast furnace tech all my melee units suddenly got overall +3 dmg, meaning that I did tech (which is impossible if you aren’t Burmese as far as I know, but this affected also my cavalry). After deleting my not-correctly working blacksmith and building a new one, I was able to the tech normally into blast furnace, and suddenly I had +5 attack on my melee units.

Reproduction Steps:

1. No clue. I can send the replay if you ask and tell it yourself :smiley:

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (

)

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: Latest
  • Gamertag: brownbear

Issue:

I went up to the Feudal age but 500 food was not subtracted from my resources.

Reproduction Steps:

1. I haven’t the slightest idea what happened. Below I’ve pasted the match data so that you can grab the replay from your side. The issue is visible in the replay. Edit: Removed my own link to the replay since I don’t want to spread knowledge of a potential exploit.

{“profile_id”:677891,“steam_id”:“76561198080586657”,“name”:“brownbear”,“country”:“US”,“last_match”:{“match_id”:“21517294”,“lobby_id”:“109775240949696555”,“match_uuid”:“78ead1b4-eea5-c546-9aae-4a600d8c62ac”,“version”:“36906”,“name”:“AUTOMATCH”,“num_players”:2,“num_slots”:2,“average_rating”:1423,“cheats”:false,“full_tech_tree”:false,“ending_age”:5,“expansion”:null,“game_type”:0,“has_custom_content”:null,“has_password”:true,“lock_speed”:true,“lock_teams”:true,“map_size”:0,“map_type”:9,“pop”:200,“ranked”:true,“leaderboard_id”:3,“rating_type”:2,“resources”:0,“rms”:null,“scenario”:null,“server”:“southeastasia”,“shared_exploration”:false,“speed”:2,“starting_age”:0,“team_together”:true,“team_positions”:true,“treaty_length”:0,“turbo”:false,“victory”:1,“victory_time”:0,“visibility”:0,“opened”:1589451724,“started”:1589451750,“finished”:1589453614,“players”:[{“profile_id”:677891,“steam_id”:“76561198080586657”,“name”:“brownbear”,“clan”:null,“country”:null,“slot”:1,“slot_type”:1,“rating”:1457,“games”:null,“wins”:null,“streak”:null,“drops”:null,“color”:2,“team”:1,“civ”:0},{“profile_id”:209176,“steam_id”:“76561197979936360”,“name”:“RichNixon”,“clan”:null,“country”:null,“slot”:2,“slot_type”:1,“rating”:1389,“games”:null,“wins”:null,“streak”:null,“drops”:null,“color”:1,“team”:2,“civ”:1}]}}

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: (current)
  • Gamertag: Coolman916

Issue:

The enemy was able to have eagles scouts in feudal age with 4+2 attack which is impossible so it must be a bug. He had that attack all game and with imp had 9+5 attack.

Reproduction Steps:

1. I have no idea how to reproduce this just happened in my game seems to be random.

ATTACHMENTS:

I can provide the replay in case it is needed.

2 Likes

i was the green guy… and witnessed that :stuck_out_tongue:

I replicated that:
Double forging

1 Like

Do you know how you replicated it?