Some DLC concepts with the same pattern as LotW and DotD

Historically (20 characters)

You’re missing a lot of important ones like the Indians, Khmer, Malians, Incas etc.

We’re also still missing a lot, especially in India, Africa and America.

Honestly don’t think so. Byzantines and Bulgarians could just work fine.

Why would it be just for sake of having?
Same could be said for every other region, that is not an argument.

1 Like

Serbia could work even better, honestly

1 Like

We have at least 6 civs in Eastern European while there are some world regions more powerful, more diverse and more important on a grander scale that have none. I’m sorry to say that, but honestly, if the next DLC would add Serbs, I would have the same feeling as @Mahazona has towards it. It’s having the civ for the sake of having it.

2 Likes

Because you are just adding it for a single campaign, whereas civs from other regions are added because they were influential and the region they are from is poorly represented. It is an argument and will continue to be an argument

Exactly, you are just adding it for the sake of a single campaign

3 Likes

Did you read what i wrote previously? I guess you didn’t!
Again, I 100% support that next two (READ: NEXT TWO DLCs) should be Asia and Africa. So your point is not valid!
Also, after that most probably third DLC would be Europe again, since arguably greatest player base wants European civs, which is why i stated that Serbia could be added then, and also be perfect for campaign you proposed.

2 Likes

Where are the stats showing this? Or did you just pull it out of your hat

2 Likes

No i wouldn’t be adding it just for sake of one campaign, what i said was that Turkish campaign should have Serbia as a civ. That doesn’t mean it should be added just because of that.
There are so many civs that don’t have their own campaigns yet.
And who says Serbia wasn’t influential in its region? And South Eastern Europe is poorly represented.

1 Like

This one’s great but I don’t agree with the rest.

Why if I may ask do you have an issue with the other ones?

Look at all the polls on topic, and if you have any other stats that counter that, please by all means pull it out of your hat

1 Like

There’s Bulgaria already, and if you look at Eastern Europe as a region as a whole, you can’t complain about having the most civs in the game per architecture set.

List the reasons why it should come ahead of multiple other civs
4-5 American civs
4-5 African civs
4-5 Asian civs
then we go back to Europe

Every civ in the game has a campaign or historical battle and we keep getting more campaigns for civs so your argument is mute.

No one did.

Not as much as America, Africa and Asia

3 Likes

Of the 275 voters, 76% voted for Europe
59% for America
97% for Africa
88% for Asia
16% for Middle East
21% for Oceania
In order of popularity that would be

• Africa
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • America
  • Oceania
  • Middle East

If, however, we go for a more focused approach, this would be the attack for future DLCs.

• North America
  • Central Africa
  • South Asia
  • South Africa
  • Eastern Europe
  • Oceania
  • East Africa
  • East Asia
  • Central Europe
  • South America
  • North Asia
  • West Africa
  • Central Asia
  • Middle East
  • Western Europe
  • North Africa
  • South East Asia
  • Central America
  • Northern Europe
  • Southern Europe
2 Likes

I think the Indian civ does a decent job of representing India and I don’t want the Might of the Mansas because I don’t think we need more African civs.

1 Like

Having a civ labeled Indians is even worse than having a civ labeled Slavs and look how many Slavs sub-civs we’ve gotten already

5 Likes

I dont consider those to be the very top

1 Like

I have a lot of Indian Steam friends like @Juggernaut8704 and he’s very, very unhappy about how the Indian civ does represent India. Considering that we have right now even a discussion about how poorly the Delhi Sultanate represents India in the AOE4 forums, I don’t think the Indian civ in AOE2 does a great job at this either.

There are literal empires missing there like the Oyo, Songhay and Kanem Bornu but okay. Why do you think we don’t need any more African civs? This set is used by 2 civs only and Africa is literally the second biggest continent in the world with about the same population as Europe. It’s not as densely populated admittedly, but the region which were are rather important like the Swahili in the Indian Ocean trading network.

2 Likes

Those are in the list of Medieval great powers, but you do you