Some idea for rework hun atheism technology

So like everyone know, hun have one of the most useless imp unique technologie, and i was thinking how we can change that and i thinking about few fun idea for rework that.

Basicaly i want to conserv the theme of the initial UT and create something around the idea of counter monk/monastery .

1/ you can now destroy the relic in your monastery for each relic you destroy you get 400 gold instant (not sure about the amount of gold) but its give you an idea

2/ instead of recieving 1 Gold every 2 sec by conserving relic all player now losing the same amount for each relic they have in monastery.
Imagine you fight against an lithuanien who collect 4 relic once you research your UT now he have to decide to conserv relic for conserv his huge attack bonus but losing gold or losing his buff and conserving his gold

3/monastery upgrade take more time to research and cost more (x2-x3?) the actual price also monk cost more to produce and take more time to train

4/ a buff to tarkan for add more depth to this unit as raider maybe a attack bonus against vill and recieving ressource when he attack building ressource related to the building he attack like wood against house /stone against castle / less stone and wood against Town center/ food against farm and mill / maybe gold against monastery i think you get the idea

I would be happy to read what you think of theses idea,also what option would you prefer if you have to choose between these 4

2 Likes

We cannot change that UT because their campaign uses it.

You can win the campaign even without atheism. It’s not like you really need it…

2 Likes

Hmm it might be but they certainly will have redesign some stuff in there considering not every player is on the same level and the difficulty cannot be altered.

Well, onestly the first time I researched it and needed it, even if just for a few minutes…

The second time though I learned it that you just need to send some trebs on the side to snipe the wonder when they are built…

I think that if we change the suggestion “research atheism” with “use the trebs” is enough for new players…

Its perfectly fine as it is.thank you.

1 Like

1 - seems to weak
2 - seems to powerful
3 - seems like interesting idea
4 - probably not good idea

Perhaps one idea could be that after getting that tech Tarkans cannot be converted.

it might work but as you know many of the civ bonuses and UTs are designed with campaign in mind be it malian wood bonus, magyar wolf hit bonus or this hunnic UT. We are not just free to redesign them without considering the campaign part may get broken as a result.

I think is the other way around. They design the campaign around the civ’s bonuses to better emphasize them.

It’s a lot easier to first design the civ with from a multiplayer balance prospective and then build the campaign around that, than the other way around.

If you are worried that new players may not be able to complete the last attila mission, then it’s enaugh to modify the timing of when the cities start to build the wonders.

read the article on how they created the recent LotW dlc, they designed the campaigns first then created the civs to fit in.

Link it please…

I agree with this. May not be too powerful as it is an imp tech.

1 Like

I think that the current effect is so weak, that even if you leave it unchanged and you give a second effect, you can have a decent UT for multi-player and have the campaign as it is atm.

Huns do not need such a great buff, so the UT secondary effect can be situational.

For instance, you can give hussars (or cavalry in general) extra attack vs villagers, to make the civ better at raiding.

1 Like

Huns don’t need buff. And not all UT should be useful in Ranked play.

That tech is useful in campaign and give some variety in game design. No other UT is related to the Wonder victory or Spies. It is Unique in itself and don’t need much change.

Also, it is really useless in ranked play AT ALL? No. it can be useful when your opponents refuse to resign and hide their villager. You can research Spies in half price in that case.

They totally don’t care about campaigns when rebalancing civs. For instance Bari 4 and Honfoglalas are so much harder because of the buffs the Teutons received.

But however, it should be renamed because the name doesn’t make sense since the Huns weren’t at all atheists (even though the christians thought they were).

If the effect changed to

then there is no need to change the name.

No its never usefull in ranked even for this situation, if the ennemy hidding with some villager its better to research directly spy instead of atheism + spy. Its cost nothing once he have almost no villager

Atheism:
When you research it your units can not be converted, but you can’t train more monks, Relics don’t generate gold and you can’t win by relics

1 Like