Some pictures from the Book of Age of Empires 4 (some images will make some of you very sad)

I never had gamepass, so there is even another methods to play

The first image is a game for kids the second image has more mature/serious approach like it should have been.

2 Likes

I don’t think this way.
There are a lot of games “toon shaded” rated for mature 18+.

I based my opinion on previous age games (except AOEOz this game was made for kids ), I am not interested in other games styles,

Some pictures are rotated and I cannot see them as they should but yeah good topic , I’m very grateful with current devs , improving gameplay and some visual changes that are not in the patch notes in each season patch .

But I have to say that they made an horrible mistake targeting the game for e-sports , seeing X019 trailer it seemed that the game was honestly something made for casuals , like… the game looked amazing and there was detail everywhere .

I think the game still looks good and truly an successful graphic 2021 game on some aspects and in some scenarios while in other it looks worse than in any other aoe game before . I think we as players did something really bad when X019 trailer went it and asked for a more realistic approach . The cartoony style with that color palette looked amazing . Now it looks colorwashed .

Im grateful that the current relic team is passionate to bring each patch being better than the other . And succeeding finally after the expectative.

But we still need the X019 graphics and tbh I’m not waiting for an Aoe4 DE .

Yeah it’s the best we can do if we want MS to leave the franchise again lol .

You guys don’t seem to understand how Aoe4 can literally change the course of the franchise forever .

Best we can do is to help devs to improve the game and when it’s time , we move forward .

for worse and move on to make them realize their mistake.

I don’t understand: did you have some problems seeing these images?

Honestly for me the graphics are not the main problem I’ve gotten used to them , they should be better though, it is the bland gameplay that makes this game very meh

4 Likes

Could you tell me 1 example?

An example of what?
20 characters

Of the bland Gameplay.

That’s hard to really pinpoint an example as it’s more of an opinion thing. I’ve had some good games but usually I just don’t find it that enjoyable to play, like if I play when I’m done it’s just like I could have had more fun it I played aoe 3 or I should have used the time to do something constructive .

3 Likes

no no that one was not the problem .

There are some rotated pictures ahhah .
Kinda hard to read .

if aoe4 dies maybe microsoft does not want to make aoe5 tbh .

So they maybe never move on .

then youre going to be here forever xD . No way all of aoe4 problems get fixed , they maybe need to recreate the game for that and thats not going to happen.

Ok. But i probably deleted the images.

I think there Will be AOE5, maybe set in the ancient times. They need of Gamepass PC. Aoe4 showed them what they should not doing for a new title: low graphic, lack of features, lack of fauna and more.

1 Like

How can one be sure Microsoft has learned from the mistakes of AoEIV? The bottom line is AoEIV sold well and to them, that’s all that matters. We also have no idea who will be developing AoEV.

Hopefully, AoEV isn’t geared toward esports and whoever is in charge realizes they need to make a good game instead but I don’t have much faith.

1 Like

It hurts to say this is true. AoE 4 took advantage of the “Transformers movies phenomenon”. They were all soulless, commercial steamy crap, but targeted nostalgia so they were box office hits and therefore more were made.

I’m not sure if Microsoft can pull off this trick again after AoE 4, though. Just look at Cyberpunk selling like hotcakes by sheer hype, while being completely broken. If there were plans for a franchise, CDPR can kiss them goodbye now. I don’t think Microsoft will be even able to extract too much money out of DLCs at this point.

2 Likes