Some small civ change ideas and general balance ideas

I agree in virtually everything. Maybe Lithuanians should be changed differently (like still tje same bonus, but after 2nd relic, like 2 relics gives 1 more attack, 3 gives 2 and so on).
Also, saracens should get something in exchange. Maybe something for their camels, and tweaking zealotry/mamelukes. All in all, nice changes

1 Like

Lithuanians are fine

4 Likes

I don’t agree to anything you said except this qoute about Saracens and not only Saracens; Mayans too should completely lose their stupid UT (Obsidian arrows). A thing like making the archers be able to melt buildings should not be introduced in the game at all. About your Byz to give them free patrol i agree with this too, everything else about other cive doesn’t make any sense except about Tatars that they should lose their sheeps under each TC and not even this, they should lose 1 sheep in feudal so they will get only 1 sheep or lets say 1 cow only in feudal

1 Like

Yes for the sheep
No for the cow

1 Like

Not that big difference and np

1 Like

1 sheep in feudal: 150 food
1 Cow in Feudal: 225 food

Even with just 1 cow is too much food and nealry not makes difference, and not fits with Tatars because they mostly got sheep no cows

1 Like

This is your problem that you think their 50% means exactly 50% more but actually it is not. If you put 6 vills on one sheep with their 50% they will get only actually 100+30 not 150 food

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone reads edits but I have scrapped some of the bonuses:

The Lithuanian UT replacement is removed and instead if you collect 4 relics, you only get +2 in Castle Age and +2 in Imperial Age for both Knight and Leitis! Hill Fort is here to stay! 10+4 knights in castle age is manageable and still a significant edge!

Saracens team bonus stays at +2 as intended. But I still feel the civ bonus of +3 should apply to Cav Archers only! Cav Archers in general need a rework but that’s a story for another day!

Removed The Vikings Researching Hand Cart But it’s still Free! Chieftains should go down in cost though! If not it’s former price at least halfway of what it was back then and what it is now!

Removed Bulgarians monk viability despite historically having some religious presence but I did not do this with History in mind, just for their Arena play! But it’s fine without! I still stand by Stirrups!

Altered the Spanish changes a little, I still stand by the fact Elite Conqs deserve to have some value even though Conq powerspike is mostly in Castle Age!

Tatars only get 1 Sheep Per TC now!

2 Likes

More acceptable I guess but still not needed IMO

Huge chance to turn Sracnes into a trash civ again.

Honestly I will just remove hand cart for free but free wheelbarrow remains, to compensate maybe give the halb but could be too much imo.

Thumbs up and reduce food to 40%.

Surprised how you miss how dominant are the Franks, Mayans and Chinese and still you even look how broken are some things (Obsidian Arrows for example)

1 Like

I don’t know how to nerf franks or Chinese or Mayans but I do agree they need a nerf. Thats just not what I am sure on.

As for saracens. Not sure what to give them in compensation of archer bonus replacement.

Vikings would need a late game compensation id hand cart is removed. Not sure what. If they get halb then chieftains shouldn’t apply to them. Kind of against that though

1 Like

If you nerf Viking economy, you should decrease the cost of Chieftans and Berserkergang/Elite Berserker.

Viking Imperial Age is bad if not the worst.

1 Like

Sweet Mother of God someone altered their balance post based on feedback! First Area 51 let LordPatito out now they let another alien out oh my :scream:

2 Likes

You should probably edit your OP to clarify. Either you have typos or you have heavily knee capped the camel archer. Also here you say +2 dmg from skirms. Later you talk about +3 dmg to HC. So is it actually +5 to conqs or what?

I agree lith relics should be capped. Too much room for rng. Either they’re balanced at getting 2 relics or they’re balanced at getting 4 they physically can’t be balanced at both states.

Bulgarians are super strong atm. Check the stats they’re doing pretty well. So i don’t think stirrups buff is necessarily atm.

1 Like

Yet you still want to give them a 3 dmg nerf? Thats not really supporting your argument…

They still have no actual bonuses for any of their units for fighting other units. They have a terrible UT. And an extremely situational UU.

1 Like

LoL really? I didn’t know.

Well honestly I think that all the archer bonuses vs buildings (including obsidian arrows) should be removed and replaced with something else

1 Like

Its a nerf. Not a pseudo nerf ffs.

You don’t automatically have 3 tc from the beginning of castle. On top of the down time from actually teching it you still lose 2 vils or whatever it is. Nevermind the res / utility lost on not having hand cart until your 3rd tc is up.

1 Like

So, Lithuanian player can collect one relic, eject the relic 4 times to get +4 attack. Yeah. Sounds fair, also makes other civs denying relic bonus much harder.

Also, berserkergang heals berserk 40hp/min. Your new bonus would make knights and Leitis heal 60hp/min by collecting 5 relics. Granted, its nearly impossible on standard Arabia but the potential is there.

If I were dev I’d cap the bonus at +2 or +3, preferably +2 so they cannot outclass teuton knights while prevent them from being overwhelming.

1 Like

So lets make Conquistador uncountable. Now Skirms deal +6 damage and down to only +2?
You said archer counter them. But what about civ with bad archer? How to counter Conqs with Franks, Bulgarians after that? Little buff to Conqs are fine but remove counter is terrible idea.

Bulgarians already have near top-tier militia line, The BEST Hussar in the game, Paladin level Cavalier with much cheaper blacksmith upgrade cost. And cheaper Seige upgrade. And give them also Top Cav Archer better than Mongols? I don’t think they need further buff after the recent buff.

TC range affected by blacksmith is Too strong buff. It can completely negate mangonel push by only researching Fletching. It is not fair.
So Relic bonus locked behind expensive UT? Lithuanians are completely fine and don’t need that kind of rework. Your change would make Lithuanians too turtling civ.

2 Likes

I changed that and abandoned it

1 Like

I removed it. Now its the same with a cap in castle age

1 Like