Some unique techs are not OK

Atheism changed to “Pillagers”: Get gold from destroyed enemy buildings or could be a speciffic Tarkan skill.

I think a better way would be either:
Technology can be researched infinite times.
Or:
Those 10 Elite Kipchaks are trained as one unit, similar to the AoE3 training system.
But honestly I think the technology is just flawed, and every way you try to balance it it either becomes op, or useless.

Do huns really need a buff?

Yeah that’s a problem with Atheism. Reworking a tech to a Civ that already has >50% win rate in all elos is tricky. Either it needs to be reworked to something very situational, or it will be a buff. So probably its best to not touch it. Any change will either buff them, or keep the tech useless, and just ruin a tactic for people that prefer other game modes in lobbies, where the tech can actually be relevant.

3 Likes

But still, it could be a small quantity of gold, significant only in very late game trash wars, where huns certainly don’t shine. While huns are in a good spot right now (except the issue with CA frame delay), I see no reason to preserve a useless UT. Even something which is very situational would be better than atheism.

I thought it but what if there is more than 1 Cuman player in a team game? Maybe every Cuman player makes team kipchak cost 15 gold more? And I think costing 15 gold more but giving 10 gold to Cuman player is makes more sense because you can send your resources with %0 interest.

Yeah I like the idea of the cuman player only getting 10, that makes sense. My thought for multiple cumans was once you research mercenaries you also get 10 gold when an ally trains kipcheck.

Don’t underestimate the Byzantine tech. It greatly increases the number of fire ships that can engage a target at one time and reduces the amount of time they spend maneuvering. Particularly useful on Rivers and other maps with water chokepoints.

1 Like

If you go for a smush, it’s often responded too by a defensive castle. You then place your own castle, and race to imp to treb it down. With a monk unique tech, you can then research it on the way to imp. Monk unique techs aren’t meant to be in every smush.

i think that the only tech that its “bad” its the sarracen monks in castle age.
you have to research a tech that only work if you play bad with monks in late castle age.

i would prefer the same type of tech to the mameluk or the normal camel specialy with the high gold cost of that units

True
But it is not the only bad tech

The Slav monk tech sucks too - people who go for monk rush usually do not create a castle in the beginning of the process nor do they hve gold for other things than monks+ onagers

It really isn’t.

Because if they try to pop cap you, they won’t be able to do it anymore.

You can also delete your houses and put defensive stuff there if you lack space.

Agreed. It’s really not that huge of a TG bonus

But it’s not 100% useless