Some voice mistake (Chinese Language) in Japanese campaign of STORY MODE

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 11148
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

I plays AOE3DE in Simplified Chinese. When I played Japanese campaign of STORY MODE, I found that Tokugawa’s speak is not suitable with the subtitles. So I tried to unpack “Sound-zh-CN.bar” and found out why…Some mp3 files of Tokugawa were wrongly swapped in Chat & Dialog catalog.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. In Steam game setting, choose Simplified Chinese for AOE3DE.
  2. Start game, in Story Mode, select Japanese Campaign in The Asian Dynasties.
  3. Watch three Cinematics: “The Slow March of Death”, “Out of the Fog” and “A Spoil of War”. You will find Tokugawa’s wrong speeches.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The corret Tokugawa voice files are located in Chat catalog: YTOKU0000~00013.mp3

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

The wrong Tokugawa voice files are used in Dialog catalog: YTOKU0000~00013.mp3

The above number of MP3 files in Chat & Dialog catalog should be swapped.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

2 Likes

Everytime a new patch came out, you can always find “Have Tokugawa’s dialogues fixed?” on Chinese community. What devs need to do is only swap voice files in 2 folder, but the problem still exists after so many patches

1 Like

Thank you for the report and for digging into this! I’ve captured all of the information you provided and passed it along to the team for investigation.

Thanks again!

Bump this up.
It has been 7 months but the bug still exists, just a simple swap can fix that!