Someone please add the original sounds back through a mod!

I’m holding out hope that this will be addressed in the next patch (crossing fingers); bringing it as a menu option. If not, I’ll have to do the mod. The classic soundtrack is punchier and digital, which I like. I’d want to be able to set the music on shuffle so it goes between classic tracks and new ones. But in order to do that, they’d have to normalize the volumes, as the new music is much harder to hear than the old tracks. I wouldn’t want to be constantly having to adjust music volume level while playing the game.

Since the new soundtrack has been exclusively in the game a few months now (gave it some time to shine), and Microsoft has made the new soundtrack purchasable as a standalone product, I feel they may be about to give us the old soundtrack as an option in the next patch. And hopefully old sounds toggleable option, too… though, I’m not needing this as much, personally. I rather enjoy a lot of the remastered audio sounds, as well barracks and archery unit creation sounds. (Wall construction sounds, and arrow sounds still aren’t doing it for me, though.)

1 Like