Sound doesn't work

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Hotfix 4087
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Sound is completely ruined with hotfix 4087. Only thing you hear is music, and sounds of settlers, military, etc. randomly fade in and fade out. This leaves the game utterly unplayable, because you can’t know when your age up was complete, when your colony was under attack, when certain building was complete, etc. You don’t hear anything back when you click units. You don’t hear sounds of firearms. It’s an utter mess.

I had a vacation that I was looking forward to play the game, but the hotfix 4087 came just in time and blew up the game for me. I had reported this issue at numerous places, and some other players mentioned that they faced the same issue, but guess no one is listening on the other end.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Just play a skirmish match with AI

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Don’t randomly fade out the game sounds.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Game is unplayable, because you don’t receive the information that is supposed to be communicated by game sounds.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.