Spain still needs some more love!

Spain is still pretty weak despite its small improvements. One of Spain’s strengths is that they are a very adaptable civ, with its fast shipments and its variety in units. The new “Spanish Gold” card restricts Spain’s ability to be versatile given that you would need to age quickly to age 3 in order to get the most out of that card. And given that the devs have centered Spain’s economic advantage around this card, you don’t really have another choice but to go fast fortress in order to compete with the other civ’s economies. This makes Spain’s meta more reliant on a fast fortress when they are perfectly capable of pulling off a good age 2 rush. I feel like they should have an 8 villager card in age 3 (like the brits), and “Spanish Gold” should be moved to age 2 and have it so that the extra gold you get increases or decreases depending on which age the card is from (like the amount of Uhlans the Germans get with every card they send). For example, age 2 cards would give you an extra 300 gold, age 3 cards would give you an extra 400 gold, and age 4 cards would give you an extra 500 gold, and so on. This change would give them the option of starting with a good eco in age 2 in case you want to rush. On the unit department, I like the buff to the “Caballeros” card (with the extra melee range) but the rods need a little more love too. I would increase their hp to 140 (from 135) and their attack to 12 (from 11). I would also make it so that the “Team Archaic Soldier Training” card affects rods as well as pikes and crossbows. These buffs would make rods more useful in age 2 and a refreshing alternative to musks. I would also add a few missionary shipments to help mass them in the early game. There’s a card called “Tercio Tactics” that is useless. It turns all your pikemen into rods. I really don’t see the use for this card and I would change it for something else. I was thinking that maybe change it so that it buffs pikemen. For example, it could improve their siege damage or hp. This would justify spending the resources to upgrade them to royal guard or imperial status. I would love to hear your thoughts about this and I really hope the devs end up reading this.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spain still the worst civ