Spanish localization errors

Jaguar Prowl Knight were changed to Prowler in Spanish version: Instead of “Caballero merodeador jaguar” it shows only “Merodeador”

GAME INFORMATION

• **GAME BUILD 100.12.27812.0 (158884)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
1 Like

This issue is now being tracked. Thanks for your report!

Indian “Improved Healing” tech on the Monastery translation is misleading. It hints that the monks can increase the hitpoints of units.

The original description in english:

“Increases the amount of hitpoints healed by Indian Monks.”

The spanish translation should be something among the lines:

“Aumenta la velocidad en la que los puntos de resistencia son curados por los monjes indios”

GAME INFORMATION

2 Likes

This issue is now being tracked. Thanks for taking the time to report it

“Comprad de Alaska” card should be named “Compra de Alaska”, and the description of the line should be […] Todos los centros urbanos del equipo […] instead of “de equipo”

GAME INFORMATION

1 Like

This issue has been forwarded to the team and is now being tracked. Thanks for your report!

Quaker gun (plural Quaker guns) should be named Cañón cuáquero (plural cañones cuáqueros) and not pistola cuáquera.

Then it should be fixed the related cards descriptions: Marion’s Diversions, TEAM North Carolina Quakers…

GAME INFORMATION

1 Like

This issue is now being tracked. Thanks for reporting it

The Inca “Messenger” aging up option shows a bad translation as “getting older” (envejecer) instead of “aging up” (avanzar de edad). That was reported time ago, and fixed for the II age, but it’s still wrong on the III, IV and V age.

GAME INFORMATION

• **GAME BUILD 100.12.30181.0

That was reported already, but for centralize all spanish translation errors I will put it here.

Native scouts (not Warchiefs heroes) have the random names in english: “Apache Scout” instead of “Explorador Apache”.

GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD 100.12.30181.0

Sharpshooter inconsistencies:

In some places, Sharpshooters are translated as “Tirador” and others as “Francotirador” (usually translated in Spanish as Sniper). I understand that the Sharpshooter is the correct way to name them, but there’re places where the names are mixed.

• In Age II, before being able to train them, both the name of the unit and the upgrade refers to Francotirador in the barracks. That changes in Age III, showing the correct names.

• All the cards that ships Sharpshooters, shows “Francotiradores” instead of “Tiradores”

• In the unit history compendium, the title of the unit is “Francotirador”.

GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD 100.12.30181.0

Before reaching III age

After reaching III age (the second image look into the text)

Regular inconsistencies

Regular is translated as “Regular” in the historical battle and in the unit history compendium description (not in the unit compendium list), but it’s translated as “Militar” in the normal barracks of the USA civ in SP and MP, and also in their upgrades.

“Militar” is a vague term and I think that it should be better translate as “Regular” like in the historical scenario.

GAME INFORMATION

GAME BUILD 100.12.30181.0
GAME PLATFORM: Steam
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

Some new unit tags aren’t translated: Rifle Infantry and Musket Infantry

GAME INFORMATION

GAME BUILD 100.12.30181.0
GAME PLATFORM: Steam
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

Many african cards were not translated!

thats what happens when all translations are outsourced.

If someone from the team is reading, I can help with the localization in spanish (if have experience translating aoe mods, like Wars of Liberty). It’s just bothers me playing a half translated game.

1 Like

Ohh now i remember your name !
Yeah, but i doubt they will, because the translators are paid to do there job. All you can do is make a " Fully translated mod " till they fix it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New african content half translated, including elements of the UI, new Homecities and the name of the narrators of the dialog boxes in the new scenarios, customization descriptions, etc. among others things.

GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD 100.12.38254.0

Salt camel is translated as Camello salado (Salted Camel). I don’t know if they had too much salt and how they taste, but a more correct translation would be “Camello de la sal”

GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD 100.12.38254.0
1 Like

@Ippert May I ask if the latest translation problems are being tracked?

Best wishes.