- BUILD #: 43210
- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.
Using a URL to spectate the game (for example aoe2de://1/12345) one can enter a spectate lobby before the games has started. This can cause the spectators game to end on start (gets the message “end of game data”) even though the game is beeing played. It also makes it impossible to join the game again. A restart of the program “Age of empires II: DE” is required.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.
- 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- start a new lobby
- a third person uses a URL to spectate the lobby before the game is started
- a second person joins to lobby to play
- start to play
- the third person will start spectating, but the game will end immediately
- for the third person, attempting to spectate the game again will cause an error (shown in screenshot)
- a restart is required, before the third person can spectate
IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS
Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.