-Standard Poll continues-Regarding Nomad being an entirely separate game mode that should not be inside the standard starts random script map queue. Among other suggestions - Standard Poll -continued voting

that’s funny. (20 characters)

how can you say that if there literally is a map called “Nomad”?
and in aoe2 there is no game mode called “Nomad”.

Nomad starts would make no sense on something like team islands. it would be incredibly unfair if you started with all 3 vils on one island and your opponent had theirs scattered. same goes for arena or hideout, imagine having your vil trapped inside your opponent’s walls.

it was completely overhauled in a manner which has nothing to do with age 1. there fixed that for you

Please don’t start, just wait for the mods to close it again, or it just becomes a clone of the other one.

4 Likes

there’s a reason, one way or another, as to why nomad was implemented on a map to map basis rather than being added to the same menu as regicide and death match. In age 1 it most certainly was its own mode, and in age 2 it was added later and with improvements to make it even more nomadic.

and originally the question remains, why was Nomad made into a map called ‘Nomad’.
I would be very interesting in learning the answer to that.

If it were an echo chamber then the votes would have none agreeing, which there most certainly were those who agreed.

As for the comments, maybe the ones who agreed were more than content with what I was writing and didn’t feel the need to comment.

Silence does not equal a lack of support.

I find your willingness to attempt to silence an idea to be disgusting.
I created the thread to escape into a place where I could voice my opinion about the topic because I was told I was spamming. and now you silence me here. I hate it.
@TheConqueror753

I find it insulting and at this point because of all the drama caused by the opposition’s ‘fragility’ I may very well gain my month suspension/vacation, permanent isn’t far gone from that. good riddance.

and if it were an echo chamber I wouldn’t allow opposing positions to voice their opinion, I tackled all of you head on and focused on as many of your opinions as I could find reason to.

An ‘echo chamber’ is what you want; to silence my opinion is to create one.
@TheConqueror753

at least @MatCauthon3 had the courtesy of saying ignoring and letting it die would be a better option.
You on the other hand, @TheConqueror753 would rather take a more ‘direct’ approach.

Echo chamber in the sense that you present an argument, the opposition disagrees and counter points it, you disagree with that, and it just goes round in circles. It really doesn’t take long until it just becomes the same main arguments over and over again.

until the opposition brings forth an argument I can’t turn on its head, the conversation continues.
the lack of an argument and the continued reiteration of things I’ve already proven wrong is unsettling, especially when it’s brought back again as false ‘proof’ that my argument is faulty.

with all that in mind, of course it will repeat. bring something new and concrete for petes’ sake.
it’s called finding a different angle, and I’ll consider each and every one brought forth to my attention.
@TheConqueror753

Fully agree with this. Tired of the crying from this guy.

4 Likes

We have. Your counterarguments only succeed according to you and ignore logic and facts. There is zero sense continuing the debate.

This thread will get locked because you are circumnavigation of moderator action.

3 Likes

bring up every evidence you have in argument and I will attempt to counter it in one comment.
or even the best one you think has no fault.

and then explain it to me why my counter is wrong, if it is, and I will attempt to listen.

we’ve brought up evidence several times, you just ignore it

just saying that is not enough, show me.

Because sure, I’m willing to take into account that perhaps I’m incompetent in my understanding ability, it wouldn’t be the first time.

and again, you are distracting from the main question:
even if nomadic maps were their own game mode. why separate them if gameplay on them isn’t much different from other standard maps?

Q: even if nomadic maps were their own game mode. why separate them if gameplay on them isn’t much different from other standard maps?

A1.0: there are a few possible reasons, and we certainly don’t know for sure, but we can speculate based on previous data and how it was implemented in age 1 vs in age 2. one possible reason would be it not making sense on many map types that seem to be incompatible with the game mode, another would be in the question of why it’s only implemented on a map to map basis rather than scaling it to every map and I have attempted to try and understand or at least give way to possible reasons as to what the original devs had in mind when they brought nomad into age 2 from age 1, improved on it to make it more nomadic as well as to give life to it with a single map named after and containing the game mode ‘Nomad’. Maps afterwards containing nomad are the grandchildren of the game mode in my mind.

A1.1: the actual contents of the start is important, just as important as the contents of the full game from start to end.

I expect this topic to be closed again, and I shouldn’t be commenting. But I just thought of something. HealFortress keeps saying that Nomad was a ‘game mode’ in Age of Empires 1, but even THAT is wrong. Nomad was a starting age, not a game mode. The Nomad starting age meant starting in the Stone Age, except without a Town Center (and only 1 Villager).

HealFortress is a fractal bullshitter. If you zoom in on the details of his argument, you find ■■■■■■■■. It you zoom out and look at the overarching structure of his argument, you find more ■■■■■■■■. It is ■■■■■■■■ all the way…

3 Likes

now that possibly could be an argument I’d be interested in tackling, but first I will state that my arguments are based on what others have stated nomad in age1 was like. I have not experienced age 1 myself, so I am not fully familiar with all details of age 1, and thus I base most of what I say on what I’ve read.

No bs intended.

Wow, so we went for weeks under the assumption that you had played age 1 nomad and thought it was better? Ouch. Any other arguments based on stuff you have heard that we should know about?

2 Likes

who said anything about me thinking age 1 nomad was better?
I even clearly wrote about age 2 being better off of the descriptions of the improvement between age 1 nomad and age 2 nomad. ‘made even more nomadic,’ ‘improved’. where do you get off on miss-quoting me?

here’s the wiki:

Age of Empires

In Age of Empires, Nomad is a game mode that is enabled in the settings for random map and Deathmatch. In this mode, all players spawn with only one Villager. The placement of the Villager is still affected by fixed positions.

And what of ANY of that sounds like age 2 nomad aside from no tc?

1 vill vs 3.
Fixed location vs random location.
Normal resources all around vs no resources.

Have fun with your locked thread and possible ban that you might get for circumnavigation of a thread lock

1 Like