-Standard Poll -Regarding Nomad being an entirely separate game mode that should not be inside the standard starts random script map queue. Among other suggestions - Standard Poll -

I am prepared, and I am willing to listen to the opposing opinions and reasons.

After serious reading of this thread i came to the conclusion that

The both of you need to take a room.

The reason we have a ranked map rotation is that players are encouraged to leave their comfort zone. I think nobody should be forced that’s why I support an overthinking of the current concept.
But no single game mode preference should be elevated above the others. period.

3 Likes

Except thats what he would do.

Nomad is a popular game mode, I’m not saying it’s not.
I personally believe it deserves its own elo, which would also mean separating it from the standard queue.

Some people will take that as me despising nomad and hoping it burns, it’s not; I want for game modes to have their own elos and their own queue or ranked lobby system apart from one another to sort them out and allow for a healthy elo system in each mode.

I do not desire for game modes to be drowned, and in nomad’s case being confused for standard play.

No. What your doing is forcing all the other game modes (empire wars, death match, etc) and megarandom into a completely separate crap shoot queue and forcing them to roll the dice on what rhey get. You’re actively screwing them over. Not to mention screwing diversity in the regular map pool to boot.

In terms of a 2nd or 3rd chaotic party queue, it’s to introduce the playerbase in a fun manner to many different modes that will help sustain each mode healthily. Followed by a ranked lobby system for each mode as people come to know them and like them. Other factors may most certainly be added.

According to you. To me it looks like your forcing game modes you don’t like into third class citizens.

Or better yet. We just don’t give you any creative control over this game.

Every mode should be on the same level as regicide, my favorite mode.

And every mode should gain the chance to shine.

Now go look at game modes. Do you see regicide? Yes. Now tell me where in game modes you see nomad?

Age of empires 1, and unfortunately it was unable to be added in properly in age 2, they had to make map scripts especially for it just for it to exist again without screwing too much with every single map script due to it being unable to be properly added via the button like regicide and death match.

This isnt age 1. This is age 2. A much better game. Youre welcome to go play age 1 though.

Same developers, same idea, different implementation method due to the obvious; You wouldn’t want villagers to randomly spawn in resources where they may be unable to escape at the start of the game much like sheep and other resources and boar/deer would sometimes do.

And you’ll have to notice that nomad maps are specifically labeled as nomad and/or contain the nomad feet in the picture so that the game mode nomad is easily sorted from the standard map scripts.
@MatCauthon3

Or maybe same devs, just learning and adjusting.

Age 2 has gates and castles. Should we remove those as well?

No one’s saying we should remove nomad. I’m saying we should elevate it to its rightful place among its peers and be recognized as the well beloved game mode that it is.

Yeah. No. You just want it out of the random map queue and are willing to say anything to make it happen.

3 Likes

I believe nomad deserves more respect than that.
@moderators requesting a pin of this topic; I believe this is something to be discussed over the course of a few weeks by as much of the community as possible.

I hope this thing gets settled now, once and for all.

2 Likes

It will take about 8 days, to more likely 16-40 days to gain an accurate vote at least in these forums. I am aware that most of the active forum users are pro nomad in the standard queue because the less voters are in the map vote the more likely nomad will enter the queue, and the more voters the more it drops like a jagged stone in a river from popularity.

Nomad deserves its own elo and its own queue, it’s the main way to ensure standard players don’t come to despise its existence every time it invades the standard queue.

Its not just the forums that are pro nomad. the community in general is pro nomad, otherwise it wouldn’t be one of the most played maps in the game.

2 Likes

To have another game mode aside from standard being played so often should be celebrated.

I feel it is harshly mislabeled as ‘Just another map’.