Still can't change all hotkeys

so far ive just been playing with xbox game pass for $1

if the zoom and hotkeys are fixed, I will reccomend all my friends to buy the game on steam and buy it myself

1 Like

You guys could use macro keybinds using third party software, such as Ghub/Razer/msi etc until it’s fixed.

I mapped 3 binds to my mouse that way.

This is super super super important, Relic. Please fix. All hotkeys should be remappable (some cannot be “removed” from certain buttons) and extra mouse buttons should mappable. This is very bad for competitive play.

1 Like

They said it was top priority in an interview. The couple next patches should be focused on fixing bugs, and there afterwards we will get a big patch with moding tools in a couple of months. Hopefully we get an update on UI/UX/controls by then.

The current hotkey systeme is a big disapointment. This need to be fixed ASAP. Stats show use what kind of potentiel this game have (for an RTS ofc) but the lacking of some “very obvious” (euphemism) feature is hardly tolerable for a franchis like this.

How it’s possible in four years of developpment, we are not able to customise our hotkeys more than that, it’s beyond me.

By the way, the songs/musics of this game are just wonderfull, make customizable hotkey and i will enjoy this game for an other 15 years like i did for aoe3.

4 Likes

This is the single issue preventing my brother from playing, who was the #2 highest ranked player in AoE3 2v2 ladder

1 Like

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place but I figured there needs to be a place for giving feedback about the hotkey system.

I’ll start with a couple things I noticed from trying to setup hotkeys the way I like:

1 - No possibility to remap the creation of control groups. I like to use shift+X for example doesn’t seem to work here.
2 - No possibility to change “add to control group” I like to use Alt+X for example.

I have been generally supportive about this game and I really enjoy it. However, I feel a bit dissapointed that the developers have not listened yet to the feedback about hotkeys. I could also mention other things like some aspects of the UI, but in a RTS hotkeys are really important to improve the user experience.
We need to be able to rebind any hotkey. Let us change ALT or CRTL+SPACE.
We should have hotkeys to select all military buildings of each type. In late game the all military buildings is too annoying.
We need more hotkeys to form and change control groups.
We need to be able to bind extra mouse buttons.
And more details that need to be fixed as soon as possible to make this RTS competitive. The current hotkeys are really disappointing.

1 Like

im with you, but there are thousands of threads complaining to hotkey. why open a new one? just comment on one that is already open.

1 Like

Enable to configure hotkey selection for those below, and eneble to configure extra mouse buttons:

Select all Tcs
Select all Barracks
Select all Stables
Select all Ranges
Select all workshops
Select all Castles

Go to Lumber camp
Go to Mill
Go to Minning camp
Go to Blacksmith
Go to University
Go to Church
Go to Market

Allow to rotate buildings and gates.

That´s all!!

Hope for this iprovements!

2 Likes

Suggestion: Ask a Dev to Open up AoE2, AoM, AoE3 or SC2 hotkey section and take notes.

1 Like

Nice, man!
Like all Age of Empires play, I miss these hotkeys.

When will you add support for mouse buttons to be used as hotkeys (like every game on this earth) and when will you allow us to assign hotkeys to buildings instead of using grid layout, I know you may think it is good but not everyone likes that. Thanks

2 Likes

im happy with the grid layout i just like having TC and idle vills on my mouse buttons

The game needs more than this, the ‘go to’ hotkey feature in AoE II DE is super helpful when you want to get spesific upgrade, I guess we have to live with select all eco buildings? BUT WE HAVE NO WAY TO FIND MONESTARY OR BLACKSMITH!!

I am a disabled person. Having the freedom to work mouse hotkeys the way I need to is not only essential, it’s urgent!

Hotkeys? Wtf is that. This game is wonderful. Hotkeys are disasters.

1 Like

Make hotkey as good as songs is and this game can be rated 20/20

1 Like

Is it possible to have some info about when customizable hotkey will be realised? Or if some top players have good tips about their own setup and how they manage to adapt to the current systeme? Because right know, to me it’s mouse clic mouse micro and it’s a big issue

We know more and more tips micro/macro things (like the recent video from Don Artie aoe3 rpz sisi Age of Empires 4 - How to "TC HOP" like a PRO! - YouTube) but for many of use it make the game even more frustrating as we can’t apply thoses things because we are too old to change our habit on hotkeys.

I need to know if hotkey will be full customizable in a near futur or in 6 month, because i can’t realy play in a mid term with mouse clic only.