Stream Overlay - Tool to create a professional looking overlay with an animated video background for streams

Stream Overlay

A tool to create a professional looking overlay with an animated video background for streams

Developer: VladTheJunior
Guthub: GitHub - VladTheJunior/StreamOverlay: A tool to create a professional looking overlay with an animated video background for Age of Empires 3 streams

About The Project

This project is aimed at improving the quality of streamers’ content. Overlay can be set before the start of events such as tournaments or showmatches, or during breaks. The advantages of this tool over manual configuration in OBS Studio are ease of installation and high quality overlay in just a minute. The original intent of the app was to make it easy to create an overlay for ESOC streamers, but now it’s aimed at regular streamers as well.

You can also join my discord server to stay up to date with the latest updates and news about my current developments and projects: Commando Squad

Features

• Animated video background.
  • Countdown timer.
  • Schedule textbox.
  • Map pool ticker.
  • Brand and event logos.
  • Auto updater.
  • Ability to move elements in overlay window.

Hotkeys

• Ctrl+Up : Adds 1 minute to countdown timer.
  • Ctrl+Down : Subtracts 1 minute from countdown timer.
  • ESC : Closes the overlay window and opens the settings window. Useful if you need to change some information or if the overlay is not used to reduce the load on the PC.
  • ALT+F4 : Completely closes the overlay application.
  • Ctrl+Space : Minimize overlay window.
  • Ctrl+1 : Show/hide Countdown element.
  • Ctrl+2 : Show/hide Schedule element.
  • Ctrl+3 : Show/hide MapPool element.
  • Ctrl+4 : Show/hide BrandLogo element.
  • Ctrl+5 : Show/hide EventLogo element.

Tips

• If there are overlay lags on the stream, you can turn off the animated background in the settings window.
  • There is the possibility of creating automatic thumbnails for YouTube.
  • You can add your own overlay, brand logo or event logo. All related data contains in data folder.
  • If you find a bug or have any suggestions, please contact me in Discord: VladTheJunior#1244

Screenshots

14 Likes

Nice job. I don’t think the mods will create any new category just for 3 threads but you can post these threads on discussion, more than modding as it will get more visibility. Also Steam Forum is more popular than here.

1 Like

Yea, it could be better to put these topics to disscussions.

Also Steam Forum is more popular than here.

Good idea, I have to do this before steam will permanently blocked in my country

1 Like

This is very cool! Great job, Vlad.

1 Like

Menuda pasada colega! están muy bonitos los fondos!

1 Like

Released v0.1.9:

• Added Moss overlay.
  • Improved auto-updater.

6 Likes

this is great! good to see improvement in aoe3 tournament casting. Thanks for the amazing work.

Version 0.2.0

• Added BattleField overlay.
  • Added more details to auto-updater.
  • Added hotkeys to show/hide elements in overlay window.
  • Updated map pool.
  • Schedule textbox shows cursor when active.

Download: VladTheJunior/StreamOverlay: A tool to create a professional looking overlay with an animated video background for Age of Empires 3 streams (github.com)

4 Likes

Version 0.2.1

• Added DesertNight overlay.

Download: VladTheJunior/StreamOverlay: A tool to create a professional looking overlay with an animated video background for Age of Empires 3 streams (github.com)

4 Likes

Version 0.2.2

• Added Sunset and Caribbean overlay.
  • App now remembers the latest overlay settings.

8 Likes

colega esos fondos son una jodida pasada! si tomasen en cuesta esto para agregarlo al age of empires 3 DE seria epico

1 Like

That battlefield overlay is cool but it’s more suitable to age II.

I don’t mind if my app will be used for entire age series. So maybe in future I will release overlays for other titles.

3 Likes

Give a feedback

2 Likes

Version 0.2.3

• Added a link to the Google form for leaving feedback.
  • Accelerated сhecking for updates by using a faster hash algorithm.

Join my Discord server to stay up to date with the latest updates and news about my current developments and projects: Commando Squad

2 Likes

Version 0.2.4

• Added Score Panel with civ picks and supporting team games. To change player civ - click Mouse Left Button, to change Win/Loss status - click Right Mouse Button.

Versions below .NET 6.0.5 had a bug with displaying tooltips. Be sure that you are using an updated version of .NET (you need Desktop Runtime version) if you find this bug.

Join my Discord server to stay up to date with the latest updates and news about my current developments and projects: Commando Squad

6 Likes

Version 0.2.5

• Added the ability to change the logo size.
  • Added new maps and civs.
  • Added playback of Age of Empires series soundtracks.

3 Likes

Version 0.2.6

• Added the ability to loop the soundtrack.
  • Added navigation to the soundtracks of each Age of Empires game.
  • Added even more soundtracks.
  • Added the ability to play all overlays in a loop.
  • Added a TwitchPanel element (click on Twitch Channel logo to show/hide Caster Name input box).
  • Added a text element for the players’ score.
  • Added the ability to use a chromakey instead of an overlay (use Filters | Chromakey | Opacity in OBS settings).

4 Likes

Version 0.2.8

• Added sound fading.
  • Added new overlay Novgorod.
  • Improved soundtrack control.

Screenshots:

4 Likes

Version 0.3.0

• Reworked overlay configuration window.
  • Added new overlay for Kings of The Old World.
  • Added themes for overlay elements.
    Screenshots:
4 Likes