[Suggestion Balance] Cumans Double TC BOOM is too strong, need nerf

Slavs 57% winrate with 14 games played.
Cumans 37.5% winrate with 8 games played.

if you wanted to use KotD3 to support your argument that Cumans bonus is OP you failed miserably.

I’ll ask you again, since you ignored it earlier.

6 Likes

But if they do pallisade+2TC boom in feudal you should go castle ASAP. Maybe you can wall yourself. Forget doing feudal aggresion.
Cumans pallisade cant hold siege+knights. You don’t need to attack them in feudal age.

1 Like

@VioletTexas3273

They have free loom and that bonus applies on the boar, the fastest food gathering source in land, ignoring slav farming, which means goths vills will be more efficient. And early loom means that you can cripple enemy eco my laming his boar (and steal 50 food from it) as his starting scout can’t kill your vill and goths do extra damage to the boar. Goths don’t have other eco bonus because… they have military bonus? I don’t understand, are you asking for both?

It just means you can’t pull it off. You may as well lose many games with aztecs or chinese but they are top tier civ against many civilization.

Why do you think it was nerfed?

Those stats are from ALL the tournament, not just top final quaterfinal brackets.

You always write this and i always reply to you that majority of aoe player don’t play any civs ideally. You can see where civs really shine on pro tournaments, when they win matchups they SHOULDN’T win. Because not all civs are ideal to beat another civ.

The difference is really minimal, just 3-4 min difference for him to get castle with 10 vill lead, you need to go forward and prepare knights as he will have a slight defense in his home and that allows him to prepare for it while having a bigger eco.

OK. It’s my bad to miss Goth’s brand new civ bonus of free loom. But Goth hunting bonus do not change the collection rate like Mongols, so the impact of that part is not going to be as big as Mongol faster hunting bonus.

As for laming opponent, people will not use villagers to do so, but scout, cause scout moves faster than villagers and villagers provide more value as resource gatherer than stealing a boar.

I am not asking for both. Buffing Goth is not my idea.

Yes, I cant pull Cuman 2TC off. I already said my experience is not representative for any serious purposes, so I am not going to either ask for 2TC buff or nerf based on that. However, you already know the reason they double the feudal TC build time is trying to tone back Cuman feudal boom potential and make the trade off between more resource and early weakness against feudal rush more apparent. I am ok if dev thinks the nerf is not enough and require Cuman players to use 10 vil for feudal TC instead of current 8. If that nerf happens, are you going to be happy about that?

However, regarding “difference is minimal”, producing 10 vils in feudal means the opponent will advance to Castle Age 3-4 min earlier, and because of that 500 food hole, Cuman cannot produce scouts, spears and MAA to defend, and can only rely on archers and towers, which is already weaker than before thanks to feudal HP nerf. Also, I want to repeat the payback time argument again. Cuman having second TC in feudal does not pay back the initial investment immediately, but need to survive long enough for the booming to pay off. It is up to players to either punish feudal boom or to take advantage of this massive resource hole Cuman has and gain technology advantage. 3-4 min in AOE2 is already plenty of time for professional players to do a lot of stuff.

We need a lot of matches to judge any civ OP. Majority of the stats suggest Cumans are not OP now, even for high elo - check aoestats.io

You dont want to go full feudal against the Cuman feudal boom. That is like picking the bad strategy which ofc would fail. But in your reasoning, you say: Enemy civ must be OP and needs a nerf. You might wanna rethink your strategy first. Going full feudal is the wrong decision here.

Knights and Crossbows can crush Cuman feudal army and force to idle Cuman villagers.

All these replies +8 vills+10 vills??, all of you are wrong you get 60 vills min 20 and castle age or around 50 vills min 18, in any map where the cuman player can grow during those minutes, even as pkt, it is quite dangerous andno other civ is close to them, only if you are going straight full 4 tc boom you can have the same number of vills than a cuman player.

The Op is not that wrong having such huge villager lead is insane if the cuman player knows how to use them, yeah they are weak vs fc hoang strat, but if they can add towers and upgraded sc instead of going up, they can easily clean that push and turn the game as soon as they get to castle age with almost double the villagers.

The build order is not perfect yet for that civ, but there is the chance for them to become OP, once one pro player finds the perfect build order then way more topics like this will appear, i was saying 6 months ago, arambai is still broken and yet i got ignored and the arambai got a buff, now everyone is crying, same happened with khmer.

Why you have some fanaticism to Hoang? kinda scary.

And think about this, How you can play again as Cumans if the feudal town center is removed?

1 Like

There are 34 civs that can’t build town centers in feudal and a lot of those civs have no economic bonuses.

this is false, almost every civ has some sort of economic bonus, whether it being free techs, or reduced prices on units, there are bonuses that affect you economically.

2 Likes

And? what’s the problem for one that can do that earlier and wtf why is this broken now?
To remember you that other civs in the franchise can build TC one age earlier (Atlanteans of AOM and Portuguese of AOE3), then why here is bad?

1 Like

Ok, so I guess the better way to approach this Cuman feudal TC is by increasing its build time to the same as building a wonder. That’ll solve the problem of having 2TC to boom - nobody will build that second TC again as Cuman in feudal, win win.

As for Arambai, my idea is reducing its accuracy to 0%, so it will never do its full damage. Maybe that will solve arambai OP problem cause nobody will build arambai anymore. Win win.

As for Khmer, just remove that farming bonus, and take out a bunch of random techs so nobody plays Khmer anymore cause it is too weak.

I’m sarcastic here but maybe such balance changes can make you guys happy, I hope. Maybe “all-tech” mode should be the standard in tournament because every civ now functions almost exactly the same sans some UU.

2 Likes

Let me add more: Make Leitis cost 200 food and 100 gold, Imperial camel -20 vs archers.
By his logic every civ should be very weak to see more variety in TGs

2 Likes

For players with low level and understanding of the game, the broken things are fun and should remain the same, i got you guys, if you could you would use cobras cause that is fun and unique.

I am going to correct my self, cumans can get +50 vills min 17, if you can’t see anything wrong there, then we should talk about aoe icons and events, maybe tips how to beat IA on hard.

The sarcastic guy is going to eat his words within the next balance patch =)

and yet again, Cumans aren’t exactly lighting it up in so how OP is Cuman Double TC boom exactly?

one game doesn’t mean much, so Cumans beating Slavs isn’t a huge Deal, but go ahead and tell us we need to nerf Cumans because of one match.

by that logic, with Turks, a civ with really poor trash, beating Lithuanians, a civ with really good trash, in a 6 hour match, we should nerf turks right?

The best strat against Cumans is going fast castle, it will be enough to destroy them

If we are talking about the game between Daut and Villese, Daut played really bad.
Drush FC with full Mangonal, siege monk push would be the best way to play.
Instead he only play the slight siege push without any monks and Knights, turn the strategy to fully boom and defense behind while Villese invest more in military. And then only go for crossbow! With Slavs instead of pikeman and Knights.

By the way, Slavs have free supplies and we still never seen them with m@a or Longswords playing.

You’re right when you’re up against cumans I think there are 2 options:

A) get up faster then them (18 or 19 pop scouts if you can) and turn their tc2 into a DauT TC. That ends the game, but you have to scout and see that they aren’t walling.

B) Naked FC, if you’re scouting full walls in the dark age then you know they won’t be in castle till like 6 minutes after you, and they arent even thinking about military. So siege push has a lot of time to deal damage.