[Suggestion] Definitive Edition hotkeys for German keyboard layout

As you might know the German keyboard layout has the Z and Y switched. However, the default Definitive Edition hotkeys are made for the English layout.

It would be cool if you could implement something which automatically switches Y and Z so the layout works without having to manually re-bind the keys ^^

2 Likes

Yeah 100% agree, really annoying that this still gets forgotten…

1 Like

Personally I’m German and use US-Qwerty for coding, anyway.
But I also think that the most common alternative layouts should be supported.
I realize that there’s hundres of such layuouts out there, but noone is asking for Cherokee-optimized
Implementing Qwertz makes for tens of thousands of happy German, Swiss and Austrian players.
Azerty makes for equally many happy French speakers for us to beat.
[and I’ve already heard from one unhappy Azerty-Frenchman]
It is not that difficult, just google what the respective layouts look like, and make the apprpriate changes at least for the default-grid profile. Then add the profile. No more than a couple hours of work. If you drink a couple cups of coffee first, certainly doable in less than two hours.

2 Likes

Hey there,
Here is my small suggestion to put in to your next patch. Can you adjust the grid hotkey settings to work for standard german keyboards (mainly Y and Z are swapped on the german keyboard - so on the american keyboard where the Y is in germany the Z and vice versa).
Or should i report it as a “bug” ?
Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Would really apreciate that option too!