[Suggestion] Sling resources through chat

Great potential for a QoL improvement somehow here. Nice!

When I read the headline, though, I also thought like @FlorianOpel where it would be typed in. Indeed, it would be quicker/easier, imo, to just type something like:

• @4 500g”
  • @2 100w”
  • @1 147s”

Or even stack them up in one message for a player:

• @4 500g, 300w, 1000f, 200s”

Or even multiple players in one chat message:

• @1 200g, 200w, @3 100g, 100w, @2 400g, 2200f”

Something like that; some sort of trigger to designate the recipient(s). I don’t know if “@” could be used, but there must be some symbol we could use.

Auto-generated confirmation messages would be like this in response to each chat message, with proper player coloring for the names:

• CoffeeKitten305 received: 500 Gold
  • FlorianOpel received: 100 Wood
  • PauInternet received: 147 Stone

Or for the multiple resources sent:

• CoffeeKitten305 received: 500 Gold, 300 Wood, 1000 Food, 200 Stone

Or, alternative wording for the above, as another quick example:

• You sent CoffeeKitten305: 500 Gold
  • You sent FlorianOpel: 100 Wood, 200 Gold, 500 Food

Also, FlorianOpel’s right. If chats scroll by very quickly because of a lot of things are going on, it’ll be like a game of whack-a-mole trying to click the correct icons/buttons if CoffeeKitten305’s method is implemented; and also likely resulting in a lot of mis-clicks. This is why I think a chat command style like above would work a lot better and be easier to use.

FlorianOpel is also onto something with their proposal for the Market building’s UI. That could be a nice alternative to the chat message option for people who are more visual and maybe less technical; if an intuitive design could be figured out.

In summary, clicking the Diplomacy button and all that is an antiquated approach to sending resources. The experience is so cumbersome, where it takes you out of the game while others get to keep playing, that it’s something I rarely do and usually only begrudgingly do. Making the experience more streamlined like the above would make it funner and I’d be a lot more apt to do it.

EDIT: Maybe the chat thing can already be done with DE and I just didn’t know or forgot?

3 Likes