Suggestions about Burmese

That sounds great, finally, some good balance changes from your side, @LightCav1413.

you don’t want to know my honest opinion. but the fact is, this is a straight up nerf to a civ that doesn’t need a nerf.

why? what good would giving their archery range +2 total PA do for them? they still lack arb and thumbring. so congrats you at least get decent elite skirms, but other then that? your archery range is trash.

2 Likes

So what do they need then? Yeah as I said we are here to dicuss, do they need eco buff or military buff? What military they need and what eco they need?! Do they need a siege buff? You said no to anything then I assume you have an idea.

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t know how to approach buffing them, but you certainly don’t approach it by NERFING THEM and calling it a BUFF.

I wouldn’t touch their siege, that is fine, not great but not terrible. Maybe another eco bonus, nothing too strong but frankly free LC upgrades isn’t stellar. it’s good but at the end of the day it really only saves them a little bit of research time and a relatively small amount of resources.

They have great siege, they certainly don’t need a buff there.

So has this discussion come to an end or is everybody taking a break?

Here are some suggestions to buff the Burmese that came to my mind:

• change 50% cheaper monastery techs into all techs cost 30% less gold
  • acces to more Archer armor (arambai gets less base armor)
  • Archer line fires 2 projectiles (like the Mayan UT but with archers)
  • Infantry has +1 attack per age starting in dark age (maybe stopping in Castel age then)
  • Howdah also gives armor to the knight line
  • military units cost less food (useful for the BE, militia line and knight line)
  • Infantry gets Infantry armor (against bonus damage)
  • battle elephants are trained faster
  • archers get Archer armor (against bonus damage)
  • Howdah lets archers “garrison” in BEs to have better survivability (more a historical feature)

Because you are the one who said “No” (as usual) so I assumed you have something but it seems you don’t.

You know what? Yeah they are fine let them as they are.

1 Like

because you’re idea is a nerf that you are calling a buff.

just because i don’t have a better idea doesn’t mean i can’t be against a bad change. and your change is very bad. it’s a straight up nerf.

That seems good. In addition add +1Pa to their range.

My idea is a buff not a nerf, because whatever you give the Monastery it will never be a core, however, 50% cheaper Monsatery seems too much. Redemption 200 gold, atonment 150g, 60g of sanctity, etc. This seems ridiculous.

please explain how. you nerf the monastery. you nerf the unique unit. and buffing their pitiful archery range with +1 PA when they lack the castle age armor and beyond and thumb ring is laughable.

and yet still a nerf to it.

and still a nerf to the unique unit.
the only thing you buff is the archery range, which is awful to begin with. and only by giving it +1 PA, which despite your claims, does not make them the best early castle age archers in the game.

1 Like

burmese are bad because they lose vs archers, and still, you want to adjust the arambai’s stats, which is clearly against melee units

why nerf the monk bonus? it isn’t op

I’d go with something like: knight and elephant line +1PA as a civ bonus
maybe take away husbandry as an exchange because +1PA knights are probably hell strong (but there isnt a better option), and make arambais faster in case no husbandry

What about their elephants?

I have to agree with @MatCauthon3 
 adding +1 pierce armor to the archery range wont make for a clear game plan. Even if you can make skirms to get through castle age, what do you do in imp? You’re gonna be up for some very sharp and awkward transitions. Castle Age skirms will still absolutely melt to Arbalests.

Given that a roll-back (best option) wont’ happen, then If anything, give the light cav extra Pierce Arnor, OR give light cav bonus damage against archers and cav archers.

2 Likes

they get the +1PA

with or without husbandry, you wont chace archers with elephants anyways

yeah but it weakens their elephants as is, and burmese elephants were already
not very good.

they are still pretty good for their own purpose (and even better with +1PA without husbandry), for dealing with archers in an open field, you go with knights anyways

What if we give them leather archer armour? The most logical choice to me.

1 Like

Removing Husbandry is pretty bad option at all sides, so this is one thing. 2nd thing their knight line need NOTHING.

1 Like