Suggestions to buff the persian war elephant

As you know the Persian was elephant is the most expensive unit in the game and the harder to mass with their sick cost (200f, 75g) and the need of castles of course, so i want to discuss some suggestions with you to make this unit more useful and more viable in the game.

First i am really surprised that how the devs didn’t give the Persian was elephant a unique feature against monks?! This is totally weird to make this expensive unit weak to monks and it will be so hard to see 200f, 75g fly to your enemy, so my first suggestion:

1-Persian war elephants have 70% resistance to conversion.
2-reduce the food cost from 200 to 150, increase the gold cost from 75 to 85.
3-Add 25% more speed to Persian war elephant basic speed.

I think with this the Persian will be more decent and their UU will have more viability in the game

2 Likes

WOW!!!
Are you aware this is barely more expensive than a battle elephant, that are magnitudes weaker than Persian war eles? And 80% conversion resistance on eles is like giving 20 pierce armour to Teutonic knights, it’s self evident it’s a bad idea.

12 Likes

Well lets say make it 150f, 90g, but i don’t see any problem to give the unit a resist conversion

1 Like

yes lets make one of the strongest units in the game, with insane health and attack and trample damage, cost only 120 food and 85 gold.
let’s also boost its speed by a large amount, and then on top of that give it insane resistance to monks so that way their light cavs can pick off any monks that try to convert them, leaving the only counter to war elephants to be exactly what?

1 Like

Ok 150f, 90g and still hard to mass and need a castle, but i don’t see any problem to give them resist to conversion. For example teutons already have +50% resistance for their units and it is not broken

1 Like

because literally the only GOOD counter to Elephants is Monks? yeah, halbs can work, but you need a MASSIVE amount of them and they would suck up so much army supply that you couldn’t field anything else and persian trash bows will rip you to shreds.

2 Likes

No, mass pikes can take care of this

1 Like

lol dude. go put 10 normal war elephants in a scenario editor and tell me how many pikes you need to add before they can actually kill the war elephants.

3 Likes

Teutons already have +50% resistance for their units and it is not broken i don’t see giving the perisan elephant 50%-70% is a problem

1 Like

Teutons don’t have 620 HP 24 Attack units with trample damage.

8 Likes

But it is so expensive to get/mass this is enough reason

1 Like

so because they are so expensive they should be uncounterable when they get on the field?

food for thought. pikes do 53 damage fully upgraded (50 after armor), per attack, and castle age war elephants have 470 health and do 15 damage an attack back (after upgrades), and 50% trample damage. which means that you need 10 Pikes to 1 shot 1 elephant. the same is true with Elite War Elephant against Halbs.
getting a 10 to 1 ratio of Pikes/Halbs to War Elephants means that if i even buy just 10 Elephants, you’ve invested so much supply into them, that i can wreck your army with trashbows alone.
and what about civs without Halbs?

2 Likes

At least make them deserve their cost hy giving them more features i don’t think it is OP at all

1 Like

they deserve their cost. trust me. anyone who has seen them in team games and death match when they hit the field knows this.
just the fact that your opponent needs to invest so much into countering them makes them worth their cost.

6 Likes

With the gold you save researching the no gold archers UT you can research Faith to give a defense against monks. So, %50 resistance to convertion plus Trash crossbow to kill monks and War Elephant to wreck everything

1 Like

This is same as buffing Cobra Car. Don’t touch thick Persian Elephants.

4 Likes

Dude you’re called “Equalizer” but you don’t have a god-damn rational idea about how this game works, throwing stuff like “if civilization X have this so civilization Y won’t be broken!” or “pikes counter War Elephants” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Play more (on a proper level, of course) or at least try to understand in a proper way competitive games by watching them, don’t throw random-ish things just because you’re addicted with Persians

6 Likes

It’s the auto-generated nickname by Xbox
and is not the first time that make post like this one.

Is simple, all non Teutonic Halberdiers or Viking Pikemen are killed in 3 hits by the Elite War Elephant, and thats not counting if Persians pair the Kamandabows or Hand Cannoneers to deal with halbs and Bombard Cannon to Scorpions and Onagers

4 Likes

Persian War Elite Elephants are murder machines in late game with lots of trade carts. Or deathmatch. They are essentially rams that can defend themselves. They not meant for 1v1 gameplay or ranked in general.

They be great diplo games as well. The sight of them in mass is terrifying.

3 Likes

Arround 1 hour 45 mins. Nicov and MBL were loosing. Look at how war elephants became literally unstoppable.

No memeing here. It was the final of a big tournament

3 Likes