Suggestions to improve the accuracy of Asian Outlaws

This would be a big improvement over their current depictions. I’ve been brainstorming how to improve the accuracy of all the different outlaws and this was my take for Asia:

Africa could also use some improvements:

For the Asian ones, I took a slightly different approach with some.

Your suggestion for Mazei instead of Wokou Horsemen is an excellent fit. I like the name Xiangmazei a little more though since it captures the archer aspect of the unit.

Wokou Ronin are basically Kabukimono so there’s no need to replace them, just rename. They’re also are the precursor to the infamous Yakuza.

Wokou Monks could be reworked based on actual rebel monks like those of the White Lotus so they could be retained in a modified form. If they were replaced, I think Shanlin would be a slightly better name. Shanzei seem a little more obscure and the few English sources I could find referred to earlier time periods. Shanlin seems to be more prevalent in the Qing era. That could just be due to translation difficulty.

Liukou also seem a bit too generic for my tastes. My preference for a similar unit would be the Hongmen/Tiandihui. They were a secret society that caused or supported many of the rebellions that you mentioned the Liukou being part of. They also later evolved into the modern Triad gangs as detailed here: