Sweden became the strongest again

I agree that the Swedes get a 2age skirmisher like the Dutch and make the leather cannon a substitute for a Falconet. Leather cannons are cheaper than Falconets, so they might be a better alternative.

I’m impressed how many people glossed over kaiserklein post on the civ strength? I would think the current top player in the game who has remain top for several years, that his insight might hold some weight??

And not that an opposed opinion could never be postulated but would require adequate stature and or empirical data to be a weighty counter opinion.

Having said this current Sweden is a nightmare match-up for some civs. Civs without an aggressive age 2 agenda will struggle the hardest in a Sweden match-up.
The sweden favored match-up are: ports, Spain, german*, french*

even Sweden match-up : sweden, japan, dutch(aggressive), China (aggressive), India.

All strong rush civs have a chance vs Sweden however their execution of the rush is paramount.

My personal opinion i would like if light cannons replaced falconets and all hussar buff become exclusive to the specialty cav unit.

If the civ will naturally and easily outboom other civs at least mandate the civ to utilize that excess resource to supplement a military superior count in order to compete.

Finally…Sweden is the most obviously strong civ but brit and japan and inca* all share the same OP-ish eco playstyle and military unit superiority.

2 Likes

They have xbows. why should they get Age 2 Skirms if Germany, France and Spain don’t get them?

Giving them skirmishers in age2 will make them immune to losing in age2.

Even now i find it hard to argue the need for xbow in their age2. This essentially closed the only weakness they had.

Sweden had a huge weakness when it came to rifle riders since caroleans no longer counter them. So xbows where needed.

Which is an age3 unit. All civs have a hard time dealing with age3 units using age2 units. Also caroleans deal bonus damage to RR. More so with cards in age3.

Lakota can get rifle riders on age 2 wirh a card though
And caroleans don’t counter ranged cav anymore.
Also xbows are quite bad units to be fair anyway

If you have seen some protectors were saying because their units cost more expensive so they need stronger eco, it is not difficult to come to this result.

Obviously dev even doesn’t understand eco is RTS main element.

@firstaim7016 could u pls stop with your protector bs?

RR are considered heavy cavalry. So either the devs did a trick there or their bonus is alive and well.

if i pay you the cost of aoe3 DE will you go away and stop complaining soooooo much

1 Like

Sure, after that I can show you the record of deleting this game.

Sweden is so broken. Nerf them again with the original nerf.

Yeah the torp being econ is bs. It is broken in the system of balance.

2 Likes

Well thats the problem isnt it? You list like 6 civs you say can beat them now more easily. What about the other 9? Every civ should be able to beat another one, the worst arguments for balance are always the ones involving basically saying, o play this civ or use this civs unique unit. Well thank you, but I dont want to have to change my prefered civ every time a Swedish player enters my lobby.

2 Likes

Its worse than kanchas?