Tampering Detected error

I had a workaround, or so I thought. I was launching the game from finder, clicking on “run as administrator” and it seemed to work. But, after yesterday’s update, it seems like the game is being forced to launch through steam, which appears to be the root of the issue. So, unless I can find a way to launch it without using steam, I’m not sure if the workaround will work anymore.

I took a break from the game for A few months because of other crashing issues now i come back to tampering error. I tried workarounds i found on-line disabling avast and so forth and its still happening. I love this game but if this is not fixed i cant play it what do i do

Hi guys!

Sorry for the delay, we are already tracking this issue

In the meantime, just in case, I recommend you to:

• Unable/Uninstall your antivirus
  • Unable your mods

Have a nice day!

I just had this error. All mods were disabled when it happened, I do not have an antivirus software installed beyond the OS integrated Windows Security.

This is back again with the new patch

Did anyone ever find a fix?

1 Like

Hey @NotYoursDude

I recommend verifying integrity of game files, disabling any mods, and disable/exclude the game from your antivirus.
If the issue still persists after those steps, could you send us your logs found here?

C:\Users*[USERNAME]* \Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs\SlowLog

Thanks!

Good afternoon. i got now the same problem.
and before the update. i geuss 8 martch 2023. i had no problems.

can somebody help me?

Thijs

This has been happening to me from the 8th of March 2023 as well

Are you using antivirus?

Had this occur for the first time today in a ranked game. I have been playing on and off today with no problems.
steps Taken so far
Verify game files (all files were fine)
I am running a malware scan right now (found nothing)
Renamed Replay in case I need to find it later if you want it.
Currently running programs.
Brave (browser)
Steam
Discord
Nvidia manager
Glasswire
The only antivirus I use is the windows defender that comes with windows.

Hi @bengute
Can you try running the game without Glasswire?Is there a way to add the whole folder of the game to an exception list in this program?

Exactly the same issue.
Steam running on wine macOS
No other programs is running.
no antivirus, or firewall.
given full accessibility.

I am having the same issue with AoE II Definitive Edition.
Steam on Windows 10.

same problem here :confused:

Im having the same issue im curious if this is a Bootcamping Windows on a MacOS issue?? is anyone else doing the same just trying to find a common denominator

Somehow the game is detecting that there is an external application interfering.

Bonjour même problème aujourd’hui alors que j’y joue depuis sa sortie sans avoir eu ce message !

Hello,

I still have the same problem, can’t find a solution.
Doesn’t appear to be the antivirus programme…

Did you jnow a solution?

HI,
having this issue as well since today