Teutons Bonus and Tech Change October

Ironclad the most useless Unique tech ever.

Who would pay for more pierce armour on rams or unpacked trebs 11

Yes, Iā€™m anti overhaul of the game.
I want aoe2. Not aoe2 that is not aoe2.
I bought de because it promised to be aoe2. If I wanted a different game I would have bought a different game.

1 Like

But ironclad gives melee armor, not pierceā€¦?

2 Likes

Yes ofc but the user I replied to proposed giving the melee armour as free bonus and make Iron clad pierce armour instead. That is what I answered on.

Ah ok, I missed that. To be fair extra pierce armor on onagers and bbcs could be useful, although itā€™s kinda situationalā€¦I think I would much rather have siege ram than any of this extra armor techs.

1 Like

youā€™re being intentionally obtuseā€¦ +2PA on any siege weapon except the treb and ram would make a huge difference. especially SO not getting sniper by CA. there would already be the original MA from IC on the trebs and rams anyway, so youā€™re literally only getting benefits out of that tech changeā€¦ its like you want to shoot the guy down simply because you think you can?

1 Like

because you need someone to explain it to youā€¦ siege onagers will have 10 PAā€¦ taking 1 dmg from even CAā€¦ so they will go from being sniper in 24 hitsā€¦ to being sniped in 70 hitsā€¦13 to 25 for scorps

No it is just because you wont research it most of the times except you face the dude that goes CA to counter SO which is not the best except you like dead gold and wood.

Yes I find it silly to give them the bonus for free for no reason, but also the new UT is just a void tech because you made the original UT freeā€¦

I think the current ironclad is fine, itā€™s kind of a situational tech, but it can really help ina making your siege last longer in some cases. Perhaps it could be a little bit cheaper (like -50 g), since everything good that the teutons have (except halbs) is so freaking expensive.

1 Like

Another option would be to make ironclad increase both melee and pierce armor

1 Like

but then +1/+1 or instanly +2/+2 ?

Melee armor would probably be the same or one less, and pierce armor would probably be anywhere from 1-3

If memory serves, ironclad currently gives +4 melee armor

I think +3/2 would be sufficient

if ironclad would changed this way wouldt it make Siege rams hella strong?

It would make the teutonā€™s capped ram similar to the siege ram but with less pop storage space and potential speed/attack

Keep in mind that they donā€™t get siege ram, this is more of a buff to their other siege while making the ram more viable

oh yea i forgot but the Got SO tho

also since your on the topic of atkspeed theorethicly if ironclad provides that instead of armor

It would make them too similar to celts tbh

Could probably go the route of extra hp alongside the armor buff depending on the siege weapon

extra hp could be interesting but then again celts

True 11

Iā€™m fine with just the extra armor tbh,
As for rams in general, we canā€™t really give them siege ram, but we could probably give the endstats to be something similar when adding on the ironclad

That being said, I doubt that it should be a straight buff - it should be an increase per each siege weapon on an individual basis for proper balance

I mean besides ironclad another thing is crennelation if its really necesarry or maybe replaceable as ironclad might be