The AI is terrible

I doubt they’ll make AI THAT good.

If they do, we’ll just settle at the difficulty that optimizes our social interaction.

My point is, AoE has always been a franchise where all sorts of players have a place. I know someone who just enjoys building pretty towns against easiest AI. And then, there are people like you too. AoE for all.

And if AoE2/3 can provide that experience, AoE4 should too. The majority of the playerbase just plays against AI.

1 Like

How do you know this? That might be true one day but I think it may just be bias. I probably would have thought the same 3 weeks ago when I only played vs AI. But now that I’m playing pvp I’m getting exposed to a lot of other people in my skill range that obviously don’t only play vs AI. Seems easy to think you’re in a majority if you never expose yourself to other player groups. Or is there a statistic?

It’s true for all AoE games. I read somewhere that the number of players playing pvp in AoE4 is around 2-3k. There are enough players that you’ll meet many new people everyday. Most players are gold level players.

I tried to find a low ranked player quick just to scrape a number. This seems to suggest there’s been at least 50k players that played team ranked in the past ~8 weeks.

chrome_2023-01-04_20-28-50

AoE4 has like a player count of like 10k at a time. Check steamdb.

Yea but they don’t break down how many are pvp or vs AI. Curious where you read that.

On the discord and on the forums. I’m surprised at this 50k number because that many people dont play the game.

I mean, it’s all logged. But if people change their steam name then they end up getting a new aoe4 name, so it’s not truly that many.

Aoe4 stats on the website has records of 14k players. Not 50k.

At a given time, most player are just playing PvE.

1 Like

So what are you suggesting is the discrepancy? The image I linked is from AoE4 world, where you can publicly check every 50k if you wanted to.

Idk im getting my numbers from ageofempires.com the official website.

I’m seeing over 50k on there too…

Wait I must have seen something wrong.

Vs AI its like 100k on the website. That should say a lot. Although I dont see AoE4 having that many players. Maybe some people just come try and leave.

I’m confident most people just play AI. Need to find the source.

I found it, AI is in the tabs. You’re right, 95k vs AI. 55k ranked, 14k quickmatch vs players.

1 Like

I’m still surprised at player numbers. Yeah I guess people just try and leave. Or don’t try for a while.

Theres around 40k players daily on steam not including xbox game pass.

Just cause it says 15k players doesn’t mean thats the most amount of players. Theres 24hours in a day, most people play round 2-6 hours.

If you look on Aoe4world.

Theres around 60million games counted

Untitled1234

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

At the moment, more players in AoE 4 play in PVE mode. This means that the AI should match the state of AoE 2 DE at least. It seems to me that players in PVE mode would be more satisfied if it were so.
I understand that I can go play AoE 2 DE with Extreme AI but I want AoE 4 to be just as cool . I am a fan of AoE 4 and I love the game and I care what happens in further development of the game.

1 Like

Your answer completely implies that we should temper our expectations to the ground and completely contradict the previous patchnote’s PR hype train.

"We hope you’re ready for a challenge — our Balance Team is already breaking a sweat testing some early concepts of the Hardest AI update! "

First there was blatant false advertisement of ML AI and now this!

I can be fooled once but not twice.Time to cut our losses and put this behind us.

1 Like

The second sentence here doesn’t give a timetable (justifiably so in most cases). I was asked directly and gave the only answer I am able.

I disagree with your conclusion, but you are welcome to feel how you want to feel.

2 Likes