The Alt+F4 Multiplayer Problem

You made my day. I got a big smile on my face. I really hope you arent serious with ‘they are selfish’ when talking about the players who like the ranked set up. If anyone is selfish, then it is the group that Alt F4. They dont seem to understand you can play whatever map you want in the lobby. So no one is forcing you into playing maps that you dont like in ranked.

If you want relative quick games and balanced games, then you can play in ranked.
If you want more freedom / more customizing options, then you can play in the lobby.

If people want more freedom, but play in the ranked and force their freedom by Alt F4-ing, then that is selfish, toxic behaviour.

Note: Both ranked and the lobby have its issues. Both settings are far from perfect. The devs should try to improve both ways to play the game (and drop quick play) in my opinion. Just to give you some examples of improvements:

• Analyses of the ratings - Spotting the issues The ratings are still messed up. This is true for TG ratings in ranked, but also for unranked elo, which is used for the lobby.
  • How to improve the lobby? This is a list of general improvement of the lobby. For a large part it contains features that were in previous versions of the game (mostly Voobly), but are still missing to DE. These ideas are focused on improving the experience in the lobby.