The Alt+F4 Multiplayer Problem

Not sure why you’re replying that to me. Given that all I said is it’s easy to lose your elo.

But to answer your question pick your favourite from the following list:

1. You don’t, you can play vs AI
  2. You don’t, you can play in lobby
  3. You do have to play a map you dont’ want to play if you want to play a real person and get a rating. The settings are standardised, why can’t you play on ladder but have 300 pop? or relic victory? or Sudden death?
1 Like

i like to play against other people who are at around my skill level. i like to play closed maps like arena, hideout and fortress, where i don’t have to worry about feudal age rushes. I like long matches where both sides are evenly matched and there’s no clear way to say “this player will win this match” after 30 minutes because both players are able to keep up with what the other one is making and things go on for so long it actually feels like you’re growing an empire thru the ages. I enjoy all game modes, single player, unranked lobbies, ranked 1v1, ranked team, quick play, deathmatch, regicide… But the most fun i have is in ranked team games and ranked 1v1, because there is where i usually find the things i enjoy the most, challenging opponents, long matches ( if we get the closed maps) and the feeling of getting to grow an empire and all that comes with it, city building included. i strongly dislike open maps because they are all about the rush and only about the rush, those games are very short, are decided very early on, and it’s rare to get to post-imp with everything useful researched and a large base where you also get to be pop capped. open maps are very stressful for me, i don’t like them at all.
some say, like above, you can play vs AI, or in the lobby if you don’t like a specific map. But then that argument can become the same for those who enjoy all maps in the ranked pool, open a lobby with random map enabled and have fun there!
I don’t play ranked because i care about the elo number, i play ranked because that’s the best way to find people who are around my level so that i can have a game that i enjoy. They should allow people to play what they enjoy how they enjoy it. As i don’t like open maps, i will alt-f4, and i don’t feel bad about that because playing something i don’t enjoy is not fun, and doing so would feel a lot worse than alt-f4 and be hated by the people who love playing random maps. If they start banning people who alt-f4, that will not make me like open maps, i will simply continue to play until i’m banned, then find another game, if they punish with elo losses, i will continue to play until my elo gets so low that i no longer have challenging opponents and the matches aren’t fun anymore, then i will find another game. If people who alt-f4 are selfish for wanting to play a specific map, how aren’t the players who like going random maps selfish for wanting to force others to play maps they don’t like just so they don’t have to wait longer in the queue? if i was given to option to just play the closed maps and that meant i have to wait 20 minutes, an hour, or longer in the queue, i would be fine with that, i can do other things while a match has not been found. If the queue gets so long i can’t find a match in the maps i like in the etire night, that will be a night i won’t play and i can live with that.

1 Like

I spent 35 minutes getting a 1v1 game today. A combination of the ALT F4 problem as well as having to restart the game after every queue to avoid the ‘timed out’ bug. I’m tired of wasting my time.

Praying for a fix very, very, very soon.

the next announcement will announce that they are still concerned about this issue.

3 Likes

Why can i NOT play on water maps? Oh, that is right. Because EVERYONE KEEPS ON CRASHING THE DAMN GAME THE MOMENT A WATER MAPO IS SELECTD. :smiley: :smiley:

Host lobby games and use discord to tell people about it
Ranked matchmaking is made for arabia only (at least the way it is designed now)

I have preferences but never mind what map I play and certainly don’t hate a map enough to ALT-F4. I think they should not have map selection at all. Its random everytime out of the map pool. Would stop all the bitching.

wrong ranked queue was created with a pool of competitable maps (at first) so all maps are played and a variety is created but nooo arabia stuck with all of us but not everyone dont want to play just arabia

also i still think people who alt f4 should be timeouted with a gratualy higher timeout eatch time they skip because all maps should be played and all should be viable and people who try to cheat the system in the ranked ladder that is clearly played with a serious atttude but various maps that should the way it is

Nope, unless you want to wait half an hour for a game because everyone’s moved to another game.

everyone? only toxic and not missed people will have to move to LoL

the game would be much better without any of the alt+f4 people

but they wouldn’t leave us alone. they would just keep making alt accounts

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like a pretty self-centered way of looking at things. Thankfully people who manage communities dont think the way you do :slight_smile:

i mean if people finally realize how grievous it is what they do and move on i probably wont have to wait too long

Not wanting to play a bad game =/= griefing, and we’ve been over this already

2 Likes

then stop dodging because you think you are the legislation of aoe2 because you played 20 years and know everything so well

guess what i played it too when it came out but i respected all maps even with the hd version of 2013 but some other cant get over it that arabia is the one and only map or should be played mostly because newsflash douchebag every map is viable and you and the others who hurted the game wont see it you just ignore everything and said yea it should be different but its reaction and action we unnecessary try to push them in a direction that shouldt been nevesary if all maps would be played

and the only things that legitmly need to be fixed would be elo distrubution and smurfs

I’m not the type of player that plays only Arabia so you can try hurling insults at someone else :slight_smile: Your attitude there is more than enough proof why not to listen to you. I’m not going to play at all in the next rotation (both 1v1 and TG) because the map selection is just so poor (lack of variety in maps, would have to basically ALT+F4 a lot to get a game that isn’t a waste of time).

well i dont like some maps too but in difference i still play them instead of just dodging everything because oh its map xyz better ruin the fun for people who specificly queued for it and had to wait 30 minutes allready

Premise of the game is to be fun. If something just objectively won’t be, then I won’t stick around to play it (and most people won’t either).

3 Likes