The AoE3 community needs your help!

Then AOE 1 shouldn’t be here because despite having a very large amount of followers (yes, more than AOE 2), all are limited to Vietnam, also the Vietnamese players ignored DE completely and just stick with the Original (Pirated) game (which has a terrible balance).
And here’s the number of AOE 1 DE players:

Vs AOE 3 DE:

And that’s without mentioning that 1 DE is right now close to be an abandonware, while 3 DE is getting a large amount of updates, and other expansion in the way.

11 Likes

I get that, but no one plays aoe 1 de so putting it in the Red Bull tourney and not aoe 3 de seems dumb. You could just put both games in, and give the bigger games larger prize pools. Personally I don’t watch tournaments, so I don’t care that much, it doesn’t make sense to include all the games but one of them

2 Likes

AoE1 prize money should be given to fix the game first.

2 Likes

There is literally a guy playing AoE3 in the official banner, and they still didn’t even do an aoe3 showmatch lol

11 Likes

Both AOE III and AOE I are both dead games, comparison between the two seems pointless.

In fact. this whole Ensemble Studios is an one-hit-wonder game development company. Stop expecting this game to become as timeless as AOE II, it was an exception, an anomally.

And again, it’ll happen to AOE IV as well, they’re all kinda awful when it comes to pure playability. I wish it wasn’t the case, I wish the AOE series was one to be proud of.

1 Like

AoE3 is good, it has a community. I don’t play it, but it does have a strong and devoted playerbase, it isn’t dead. AoE1 is dead though.

19 Likes

I play aoe 2 most of the time i want a strategy game.

But aoe3 is a good game with interesting mechanics its polished and interesting and fun to play.

Far better than aoe4 and deserves a place in the tournament. A 50k prise would be nothing for red bull.

Dont know how we could influence though…

11 Likes

If I’m very honest:

AoE2 I’m very excited for - no further comments needed
AoE4 I liked quite a lot at the beginning, but became frustrated with the inability of the devs and now I’m at a point where I doubt it will ever be better than AoE2. So I just decided to stick with AoE2. Might still watch a bit there.
AoE1 I might actually watch a bit, just to see how it’s played on high level and if I liked it I might even watch the whole finals or something like that. I like including it.
AoE3 I simply do not care about. I had a look at this game a while ago, played it a bit, watched some pre games and while it has some nice ideas, it just doesn’t appeal to me to invest any more time into that. I wouldn’t watch anything of it, if it was included.

Of course that’s only one oppinion, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were quite some people with a similiar opinion and if that’s the case, the decision might be harsh, but not a bad one.
It’s not just about the prize money, but also administration, flying players and casters in etc. So even if they were to give AoE3 just 20k, they’d have to spend more than twice that amount on the whole thing. So probably 2 and 4 were clear to be included. Then they wanted to expand a but more with a side event and chose 1 over 3 (and AoM, which I also would have been more interested in than 3 (and 1 to be fair)). Seems okay to me.

2 Likes

You have my support,

Let me know what I can do to help.

1 Like

Many of the games that ES released were successful. Even HALO WARS.

The gameplay of AOE-3 isn’t horrible, it’s just different. The philosophy behind AOE-3 makes it extremely expandable and replayable. This is a criticism from someone who doesn’t know the game thoroughly.

11 Likes

AOE1 will celebrate it’s 25th anniversary in October, it’s the main reason of the tournament. AOE4 is supposed to be the main money maker and AOE2 is the most popular. AOE3 got more content than any other game, the number of civs increased from 14 to 22, it’s more than 50% growth, but player numbers aren’t very high.

Honestly, when I saw the announcement I thought I just misread it. Sure, the competitive playerbase for 3 and 4 overlaps (but so does 2 and 4…), but I haven’t heard of a single AoE1 pro. Who’s even going to be competing there??

I guess it is for the 25th anniversary, but I think a better way to celebrate the anniversary is through a DLC that fixes all the problems I’ve been hearing about instead, not a tournament that’ll probably end up highlighting them instead.

They could’ve done like 25k for AoE1 and AoE3 each and it’d have been fine I guess? 11

AoE1 does have its own competitive scene, it is just that it is mostly confined to vietnam, so this tournament will make said vietnamese pros more mainstream which might boost the game.

I am glad they included AoE1 for its 25th anniversary and I hope some patches do come to the game before or after the tournament. I agree however that AoE3 should’ve been included as well and I don’t understand AoE2 players that are so worked up on hating AoE3 when both are great games that have stood the test of time and neither is dead even though AoE2 has the larger playerbase. I mostly play AoE2 but I do enjoy AoE1 and 3 too and play them every now and then as well :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yes I did, but that is a mistake in my eyes, so I wanted to point out that mistake.

I know it’s a meme but I wish they’d include a bonus round of AoM. It’s definitely has weak gameplay but the campaign was so much fun, and I’d love to see what pro players would do with the myth units

@EliteRiflemann You’ve gotten more likes than the original thread you posted on the AOE-3 DE subforum. XD

It’s good to know that it’s only a minority who mistreat AOE-3. Thank you all.

5 Likes

I don’t care about AoE3 that much to be honest, I just don’t think the division of prize pools is very fair.

1 Like

I thought that was for AoE1, not the Definitive Edition.

I believe TheViper and some others from GL tried out AoM a few years ago, with TheViper also going through the campaigns. Here’s a teamgame with him, Daut and Tatoh too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYsjzb_DUJ0

1 Like

The thing is, the whole competitive scene of AOE 1 only plays the old CD version, and they even don’t want to touch DE.

2 Likes

I’ve never understood why people don’t just want to move onto the newest version, the original’s are all just so inadequate compared.