The AoE3 community needs your help!

Because they feel DE is soo out of place with the new balance, I mean the only thing you can see most of the time is how poor the balance on the OG game is, Vietnamese players kinda just go for Assyrians-Shang Chariot Wars.

Contrast that to AOE 3 which offer lots of more visual and diverse units and civs.

Which again raises me the question, Why invest to a game whose DE is close to be an Abandonware full of bugs and poor perfomance, and bigger pro players only on the OG game, but left 3, which has a bigger playerbase and better support out?

4 Likes

That’s pretty stupid to be honest, just accept the new balance, and change over to it.

I always will like AOE 2 and 3, both good games, but we need to undestand that they are diferent games.

We need need Aoe3 in the tournament.

3 Likes

LMAO AOE 1 DE changed to AOE 1: ROR

Imagine how unwelcomed is DE in Vietnam to change to the old AOE 1 lol.

9 Likes

Thank you Vietnam for this fiasco and to think that i like to play with their civ on the ‘‘other game’’

2 Likes

Yes.
This seems off.

Would be nice to include AoE3!!
Great promotion also!!

1 Like

Who’s even going to watch it? The pre DE graphics are so bad, and the balance will be so trash, what’s even the point?

3 Likes

I think what you guys are missing is how massively popular AoE 1 is in Vietnam, and how extremely competitive the scene is for this game in that country. That is a lot of people who may tune into a Red Bull stream for the first time to watch, and thereby be exposed to the Red Bull brand. AoE3 lacks that competitive following even if more people actually play the game casually. This is in addition to the obvious fact that the game is having it’s 25 year anniversary.

2 Likes

Thats your opinion dude, why such hate? AoE4 Community is thriving, its even bigger than AoE3 (at least on reddit). If the game is not for you, thats fine. But such hate brings nothing to the community.

1 Like

That is a very interesting case study in my opinion:

I don’t think AoE3 is very good to watch, the card system is a mess honestly. But it is a great game to play though, Campaigns are very cool, the mechanics and unique civs are top-notch. I play AoE3 Ranked now and then, but I simply don’t enjoy watching AoE3… I’m not sure why that happens.

AoE2 & AoE4 I watch all the time, specially 2.

Same boat, I feel Relic fucked up hard. Bad release with basic features missing (you still can’t choose your fucking colour lmfao) followed by delayed patches. It is a great game with huge potential, but I don’t have faith in Relic anymore.

Since 4 is the newer product, that is kinda of expected. AoE2 already has a huge following and a healthy Player base, AoE4 is still building theirs.

En mi caso es contrario, me parece mas entretenido ver las partidas de age of empires 3 que las del 2 ya que estas ultimas me aburren xd (por falta de dinamismo según mi criterio pero esa es solo mi opinión)

1 Like

I mean, I am glad they changed it from AoE1:DE, since now there’s a point. It’ll be a mess though, spectating these at least, while also raising the question ‘why aren’t they playing on DE?’ for a standard viewer. Kind of shows how bad the AoE1:DE is and if they’re not going to fix it, it’ll be just a stain on the franchise.

3 Likes

AOE1 DE is full of bugs and isn’t suitable for competitive play. It’s sad.

AoE 1 is very popular in Vietnam, they also put it simply for being the first, then they will forget about it…

Also the 20 years of AoM do not forget… Age of Mythology (AoM ) is a real-time strategy video game developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios. It was released on October 30, 2002, in North America and a week later in Europe…

1 Like

More popular? It will not be less popular?..

We communicated with Red Bull, and today they confirmed that it is impossible for AoE3 to enter the format… anyway, thank you very much for all the support, the truth is that I expected other answers, so just thank you very much!

11 Likes

Why is it impossible for AoE 3 to enter the format? It’s because of the gameplay or the number of pro players?..

Could be a time thing