The Asian Dynasties Campaign Progress Reset

hurts to see that the issue is still present

1 Like

I did the Chinese campaign first and then did the Japanese and when I was done with Japan, the Chinese campaign was set to 0%. Thought it was maybe just a bug so I did the Chinese campaign again (just finished) and now the Japanese campaign is 0%ā€¦ sigh

Just coming here to note that this issue is still present in the most recent build of the game. I have had my japanese progress reset after beating the chinese campaign. Please fix in next patch!

4 Likes

Same problem for me, I just finished the chinese campaign and my japanese campaign progression was set to 0 again.
Hope it will be fixed soonā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame that they havenā€™t fixed it yet

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 6847
  • PLATFORM: Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Asian Dynasties keeps resetting back to the start

Here is the problem Iā€™m experiencingā€¦

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Every time I get to about 40%

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Hereā€™s the steps to reproduce the issue:

This has happened about 4 or 5 times now.

I have completed the first 2 games to 100%. I play the Asian Dynasties and use the ā€˜continueā€™ button when I return.
All works well until I get to about the 40% or 50% area, then on my next visit instead of getting the next scenario it starts playing another intro and my progress in Asian Dynasties is back to the start.

The one thing I do is I always hold the spacebar to skip the story intros.

This issue is now at least 2 months since it has been known. FFS fix this ā– ā– ā– ā– !

1 Like

Done it again this morning, I finished the China campaign yesterday but on logging in this morning itā€™s only half completed.

Iā€™m giving up on the campaigns, to boring with constant repeats.

More detail:

Looking more closely, Iā€™ve previously completed both the Japan and China campaigns.

The China campaign remains completed, itā€™s the Japan campaign that keeps wiping so when I login it takes me to the Japan first scenario.

1 Like

Ah ha ā€¦

I started playing the Japan campaign and now the China campaign has been wiped to zero.

Gotcha

2 Likes

Thanks for all your reports! we are currently investigating this issue and it will be very helpful if you could tell if you had steam cloud sync enabled when you have these issues.

1 Like

Cloud sync enabled still the issue is present till today, just got my progress for Chinese and Indian campaigns wiped out after finishing the Japanese one

I have Steam Cloud enabled and I have this issue.

My Steam cloud is enabled but I play trough xbox game pass. Does that change anything?

Steam Cloud sync enabled. Japanese campaign is wiped on any patch install.

I had this happen to me but my fix was a little strange. I completed Japan and China. On the last mission of the India campaign I made a save right before winning. Backed up the files in the user folder. (The one with a long number). Went back into game and mashed the esc key after completing. All 100%. Maybe itā€™s something with the Indian video of ā€œSouls Ablazeā€?

I reported this bug long time ago, I canā€™t believe this bug still exists, I was about to finish indian campaign an my chinese and japanese campaing reset to 0, come on ā€œdevelopersā€ I played 2 times those campaings, now I donā€™t want to play anymore. Ah sure you donā€™t mind you just take the money and say good bye, like in the first version of this game.

2 Likes

I have this issue as well.

Same problem here. I have AoE III Definitive edition on steam. And I finished campaign for Japan first and just before I finished Chinese, after I reset the game all the progress for Japan is gone.

This issue is currently being tracked and we are working on it to fix it ASAP, in the meantime there is a workaround which is to only play Asian Dynasties missions from either the AD mission select screen, or if loading a saved AD mission, only loading it from the Story Mode campaign select screen. Thank you all for the reports and your patience!

3 Likes