The definitive list of what needs to be balanced

Russia is still a weak civ imo, they feel really bad when I try to play them, also I know you play Russia because you mentioned it in a previous topic, is it just me or is Russian macro ( eco control ) way harder than a normal civ like French or Germans or Spainish? Because you have to gather wood for strelets and gold for your cav archers, it just feels really weird to have to gather wood for one of your primary units, I don’t know why I don’t feel this way when I play haud age 2 and make tomahawks however. Maybe it’s because villagers training faster means I lose food much faster?

I mean, only if artillery/outposts/docks/town center do considerably less damage to ships as well. They do so much damage that is impossible to push on shores with ships, and the monitor high damage and range are required, or else the game on maps like Amazonia and Caribbean would be stalemates where nobody can push into the opponent base.

Yes, that’s the basic idea of culverins to deal high damage to ships and artillery.

Also the range means it doesn’t really matter a whole lot, all I’m asking is that monitors don’t one shot falcs.

1 Like

I don’t know. Honestly I ship most of the wood for Strelets and just gather the food.(Except the 1000 wood that I use to make 2 town centers). And I don’t do too much Strelets in general

12 unupgraded settlers + distributivism is enough to keep collect 200 wood every 30 seconds. (Double batch of Strelets).

And yes, Russia always need the majority of the Settlers on food, they are super heavy food consumers.

Fair enough. I just think that if is the case, falconets should not do 300 damage per shot on ships too.

1 Like

Ashi shouldn’t nerf speed because some people disagree.
Here are protectors sure will be disagreement.
Opri should nerf because some people agree.
Why we ignore people disagree this time?

Funny logic.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s fair enough for falcs, or at least not do extra damage to monitors.

Ashi should nerf speed because some people agreed.
Here are the accusers sure will be disagreement.
Opri shouldn’t nerf because some people disagree.
Why we ignore people agreed this time? (What?)

That’s you very same logic. I don’t know why would you think is funny, except if you are trolling.

2 Likes

Tbh I feel that ashi are the defining feature of japan, so rather than nerfing ashi might just be a better idea to nerf yumi, yabusame, and shrines, also probably nerf some of Japan’s upgrade cards.

1 Like

I know here will be sweden and Japan protectors like you rush out disagree me, so I also add example for herd movement and church construction time.
:slight_smile:
History showed the turth you just enjoy yourself protecting.
Or delete related posts.

And I know that will always be people that want to nerf Sweden and Japan that will rush and disagree with me, so I also add syllogistic examples that are absolutely unrelated to the topic.

:upside_down_face:

History showed the truth you just enjoy yourself complaining and thinking that only your opinion and the people that agree with you matter.
Or delete related posts.

1 Like

Copy my comment like a child.

Lets see the history with your reaction.

• I listed points many people complained ABCD but dev did no action to these, then you replied me with patches these civs already got some nerfed.

(I don’t know what is the relationship? sounds a civ once got nerfed shouldn’t get anymore another complaint, even some complaints are since beginning.)

• Second reply you describe me is a narcissistic person.

(I don’t know again what is relation what kind of person I am with many people complained some issues?)

• and this is my personal demand to dev.

(So others posts also become my own demand?)

• Third reply you still only mention your favorite civs.

• Forth reply you said is my speculation.

(I don’t know why 6 posts with ignorance but 1 post only with action is speculation.)

• Fifth reply you said you don’t have any personal evaluation on me.

(So what is and how do you get I am a narcissistic person from my reply? in second reply.)

• After these incredible illogical replies to me you start copying my sentences and still ignore the problem of this dev.
1 Like

Japan:

Best musk

Second best archer ( arguably best because longbows can’t kite like yumi)

Low S tier or high A tier melee cav

Horse archer that soft counters most ranged units, and acts as a culverin but without the anti ship

Second or third best economy in the game

Flaming arrows are cheaper but weaker culvs that also are effective against inf and can be shipped, unlike most civs culvs

Motarus are above average mortars

Walking barracks that gives the usa flag area equivalent

Walking artillery foundry that gives the haud war chief equivalent

Access to 3 unique consulate options no other Asian civ has.

Advanced arsenal free

Potential for powerful timing attacks with torii gates

25% cheaper houses

Hunt right next to base ( useful because siberia and Malaysia have bad hunts sometimes)

3 fishing boats for free on water maps ( I say free because toshgu shrine gives enough free export to buy it )

2 Likes

I think we can make a compromise.
I can see excuses for torps/shrines like “they are not that good” or “you can STILL destroy them” or “their economy are actually very poor without them”.
But I never see a good excuse for 4.5 speed ashigaru or Svea Lifeguards. So let’s at least agree these should be nerfed no?

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a compromise, take brit for example, they have the strongest eco in the game, but they have average units overall witch is why they are decent balance wise

You are acting like a spoiled kid demanding (This is the key word, demanding, not suggesting) that the developers do what you want.

Let me put simply so you can understand: Stop saying that everyone agrees that those civs are broken. There are people that agree, true, but there are people that disagree. There is no such a consensus that makes the developers morally obligated to nerf the civilization like you keep claiming.

I said you are acting like one. There is a important difference on the words as well.

My favorite civilizations are Russia and Portugal, not Sweden and Japan. And I only mentioned Russia as a reply to @Abrahamburger2.

I said that you are taking one of your speculation as a fact.

You literally said that the developers nerfed the Oprichnicks just because somebody complained in a thread. Where the conclusion that the developers nerfed the civilization solely based on that post came from?

You did not make a single logic sentence on this thread. How do you have the daring to say that I’m being illogical? :sweat_smile:

Best musk is Indian Sepoy. Have better stats and cost more food instead of coin.

True, Yumi is a quite good unit.

As I said before, I do think Yabusame 50% range resistance is, indeed, too much.

Like, this is mercenary stats, are you kidding me :chicken:

It’s not. Depends a lot on the map, but Japan economy are not near the top.

They are outranged badly by culverins. Range in artillery war is probably the most important stat.

It’s not. Is only cost 50 coin less and have a lot less attack than a average Mortar.

They do train on fortress age, which is indeed a advantage.

But they are not better than normal mortars on industrial.

True. But also slower food gather rate than other civilizations due to not having access to hunts though.

Not true. Only the Japanese mercenaries are unique to the Japanese.

Indians have Portuguese consulate as well, and never use because the British 10% HP on land unit is much better.

And the Japanese don’t have the British consulate.

I sincerely don’t think 4.5 speed is that relevant for Ashigarus, because the units that counter they are as fast (Case of Strelets) or have a huge range (Case of Skirmishers).
If I wasn’t just some guy commenting on a forum with pizza oil all over my shirt, and have some actual decision power, I would not oppose a 4.25 speed Ashigaru as, honestly I think this don’t really affect the game much.

About Svea lifeguard, I don’t have a formed opinion on the matter.

1 Like

It’s meaningless to compare them with their counters because every other musketeer faces the same counters.
You should compare them with other musketeers. If you run the wrong units into their counters you suffer heavily. If you have ashigaru, you run away with much fewer losses, and they are already overall stronger than any other musketeer.

So, people either think they should be nerfed or do not have any opinion, and nobody can give a good excuse for them, then they really should get a nerf right devs?

They are not stronger than Sepoys and have less HP than Janissaries, so Jans would suffer even less losses than Ashigarus.

But if you are comparing to the vanilla musketeers, that’s actually a quite good point.

I don’t know. I sincerely don’t have a opinion about it yet.

But other people might have it. @Moonshadow7475, for instance was making some points in favor of it on the beginning of the thread.

I will not opinate in something that I do not have enough information on it yet, because I prefer to be silent instead of talking BS about stuff I don’t know about it.

Janissaries already paid heavily for their higher hp. Ashigaru do not.
Janissary compared to a vanilla musketeer: higher hp, higher melee, less bonus against cavalry, less ranged damage.
Ashigaru compared to a vanilla musketeer: overall stronger stats at almost everything, a lot of bonuses on top of the current stats not the base stats, and still has 4.5 speed.
Almost the same cost

Sepoys in late game are mediocre and even less cost effective than vanilla musketeers.
Also even if Sepoys are op (which does not seem so), that does not mean 4.5 speed ashigaru is fine.

That was basically saying the card is making them weaker, and not able to do their jobs of countering cavalry.
Okay, great, so at least we all agree that they should not change their defense to ranged right?
On the other hand, the Swedes player can ALSO train pikeman to protect their svea lifeguard caroleans.

BTW, I never knew caroleans are locked in single line formations, or everyone behind the front line is not allowed to fire if the front line is in melee.

I think repeating “I have no opinions on something so I do not want to give any opinion on something” in the middle about a discussion of that something is that kind of BS.

Ok, math time:

The multipliers are only on the melee attack, and the melee attack of Ashigarus are actually weaker than a vanilla musketeer, even with the multipliers.

Ashigaru → 10 melee attack x 3.5 = 35 damage on cavalry.
Vanilla Muskeeter → 13 Melee attack x 3 = 39 damage on cavalry.

Ashigaru → 10 melee attack x 2 = 20 damage on shock infantry.
Vanilla Musketeer → 13 Melee attack x 2.25 = 29 damage on shock infantry.

But, to be 100% fair this calculations does not matter much, as Musketeers rarely engage in melee combat anyway.

Ashigaru only have 20 HP more than a normal musketeer (Compared to like, 60 HP of the Janissary, that is a cheaper unit than Ashigaru, keep in mind) and they have literally 1 more ranged attack point than a Vanilla musketeer.

Do you think that 5 food and 15 coin are worth a single attack point on base damage and 20 HP? I don’t think so. I think they need something else too, and the speed advantage is interesting.

Of course, they already are the musketeer with the better base stats in the game, they also have 10% HP already on age 2 thanks to the British consulate plus the aura from the Mansabdar.

If they have as much as home city upgrade cards than other musketeers they would be ridiculous.

And I never said that Sepoy are OP, I said that they are stronger than Ashigarus.

I mean… is true.

But in my defense you guys that are somewhat putting pressure on me. I said the same thing about the Aztec unit shipment nerf, and you guys are not giving a hard time for it. :sweat_smile:

You know as well that is very little difference. And ashigaru has a card that improves the melee.
Also ashigaru has a lot of buffs on top of that stats (and they’re on the current stats not the base stats). One of them is even an age-up side product. So they come with much greater potentials.

I’d rather they have higher attack for the sake of their cost, like sepoys or US regulars.
Balancing is not like a quiz. You gain 10 points here and lose 10 points there so they cancel out each other. One “penalty” (more cost for small stat buffs) and one bonus (4.5 speed) do not cancel out each other.
That 4.5 speed imo is too strong for a front-line unit like musketeers. They are much more tolerant on mistakes. For other units like janissary, you pay for their hp. If they got caught by skirmishers, they lose the same amount of hit points as vanilla musketeers, even though fewer will die (ignoring overkills). Ashigaru on the contrary even got fewer shots because of faster speed.
When fighting other units, not limited to their counters, the faster speed allows more mistakes in micros and positioning.
That even makes them a better raiding unit. In age 2 nothing can catch them, and the only unit can catch them (hand cavalry) are countered by them.

Also, musketeers are already very versatile. They are tanky and have decent universal ranged damage. Versatile units should be average or mediocre on most tasks, and making them even more versatile, like outrunning their counters (or gaining a ranged defense), is very dangerous.

Don’t get me wrong. I was not replying to you in the beginning.
I have opinions on ashigaru and svea lifeguards so I brought them up. I don’t have opinions on others so I’m not arguing about them.
Anyway. Let’s forget about this.

1 Like