The end of "Umbrella" and Idea for future expansions

I chose the civs based on if they can represent any faction in the existing campaigns since it looks like this is what the devs are aiming at

1 Like

Fair enough, Dracula is one of my favourite campaigns. With inclusion of Sicilians and Burgundians devs lowered alot the criteria what is possible civ. Pretty much anything is possible now. Still I would like to think if we dont get actual Empires we would be getting powerful independent states. To me personally the fact that you look for support and use turk, slav , magyar tech tree is telling about the situation vlachs were in the period earlier being part of the Bulgarian Empires.

So we could definitely get Swahili and Kongolese, maybe even Haudenosaunee (counting the Vinlandsaga scenario).

I didn’t play the Pachacutec campaign yet but do they mention Muisca?

3 Likes

Only Chimu civ can be changed in Pachacuti. Muisca only had trade relations to Incas. I think they would the best American civ to add. They had the most advanced political and trade system. They would have a campaign about Saguamanchica, the most important South Muiscan leader.

1. In the first Campaign they wouldn’t have access to Archers despite of they are an Archer civ. The goal would be to destroy the 3 Trade Workshops of each Panche Carib village to supply. Historically Muisca pillaged Panche villages for bows and arrows
  2. Campaign against the Sutagao Muisca
  3. Battle of Pasca
  4. Battle of Chocontá battle against the Northern Muisca
  5. Defeating the Caribbean Guatavita cacique, clear the Muisca towns occupied by Sutagaos and Panches
  6. The battle of the Arroyo de las Vueltas - the second big battle against the Northern Muisca, but this time you have Carib allies

So if you add Muiscans, you need Caribs too.

5 Likes

Ah, yes, long lost brothers of he Goths

Pillage the settled!

1 Like

In the Pachacutec Campaign, the 2 main pre-Columbian enemies of the Incas are mentioned: The Chankas and the Chimús. Both civilizations would be an excellent addition to AoE 2 and a unique architecture for South America could be created. In Moctezuma’s campaign the Tlaxcala are also mentioned and it would be a good playable civilization.

The Tlaxcalans were being majorly lorded over and ranched in by the Aztecs, not to mention that they were much too similar.
I think the Tarascans and the Anasazi would be much more interesting to add, since they actually fought off the Aztecs successfully, and even lived to see the Spanish.

2 Likes

When did Pueblos fight vs the Aztecs?

1 Like

The Tarascans (Purepecha Empire) are also very interesting, even the names of their 13 Emperors are known:

1. Ireti Ticátame
  2. Sicuirancha
  3. Pauácume
  4. Uápeani
  5. Curátame
  6. Pauácume II
  7. Uápeani II
  8. Tzétahcu
  9. Tariácuri
  10. Tangaxoan I
  11. Tzitzi Pandácuare
  12. Zuangua
  13. Tangáxoan II Tzíntzicha
2 Likes

Was that really his name? 14th can be Princess Eréndira.

Yeah, there are better choices than Tlaxcalans in Mesoamerica, but if Burgundians and Sicilians were added… Of course I’d prefer Zapotecs, Toltecs and Tarascans

1 Like

Think harder LOL! I say pancerni

They barred their way northward. No one knows for sure, because they did not record it (Aztecs had an habit of recording only victories), but the Aztecs themselves used to say the Anasazi and the Tarascans were the reasons they could not push northward.

1 Like

Fine. The Tarascan campaign could include Pueblos too, then…

1 Like

*Curátame :sweat_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

WQell, even if the Anasazi are not included, because so little isknown about them, my point is that they would be at least a better candidate than Tlaxcalans, since they had their own independent state for a lot longer. Their cities are also very iconic.

The Tarascans, though, with their Copper and Bronze weapojns and armour (albeit still very primitive in the armour) would add a lot to the ingame Meso-Americas.

1 Like

Mayans are played how Tarascans should.
What do you think about American DLCs? What order and which civs?

In my opinion:

1. Iroquois-Mississippian - 2 new campaigns, new architecture
  2. Mapuche-Chimu - 2 new campaigns, a battle, new architecture
  3. Tarascan-Pueblo - 2 new campaigns, new architecture for Pueblos
  4. Muisca-Carib - 2 new campaigns, new architecture
  5. Toltecs-Zapotecs - 2 new campagins, a battle, I’d love to see a Southern Mesoamerican architecture for Zapotecs and Mayans

My biggest problem is the Pueblos here. - they had no history recorded, 2-3 known leaders. Every American civ here have much more history recorded.

Easy fix, make Tarascans have a Cavalry UU, and an Imp Age UT that gives them Trash Cav Archers (which is justifiable, since they would miss on Stable techs, Parthian Tactics and HCA).

Call the UU Outrider and give it 100-120HP but no Armour, and call the Imp Age UT Stolen Horses.

In my personal opinion, if new civilizations are added they should have at least these characteristics:

• Having been at its peak during the historical period of AoE 2: from the fall of the Western Roman Empire in the 5th century to the beginning of the Renaissance era during the 15th century
  • Having been a Regional Power
  • Having been a kingdom or an empire.
  • Having had a unique language.
  • Have wonder.
  • Have had a known capital.
  • Meet at least 8 Kings / Emperors for AI names.

Opinions are welcome.

If not Ruler names, then City names could do too.

1 Like

The Mapuches are much more similar to the Pehuenche than to the Chimús, in my opinion it could be Chimú - Chanka - Muisca

1 Like