The Final 9 (civs)

that also doesnt mean you have to share it in all the discussion about adding civs, people are here to talk about future civs… if you really dont want them to add new civs just create another discussion and discuss there

Its easy to design new unique civs. Thinking that its always going to be a boring design copy of another civ or a bad design like Cumans and Sicilians is dumb

1 Like

As a Laotian and Tai Lue, I’d like the umbrella Tai to cover all Tai kingdoms. Would love to see a elephant cannon siege unit.

5 Likes

I have the perfect concept for them:
Elephant and Gunpowder Civilization

• Receive 100/150/200 Wood and 50/100/150 Stone when advancing to feudal/castle/imperial age.
  • Crossbowman and Arbalest upgrades are researched instantly.
  • Bombard Cannons, Hand Cannoners and Petards +1/+2 Armor.
    Team Bonus: Markets work 80% faster.
    Unique Unit:
    Elephant Cannoner (120 food, 75 gold): Combines the HP and armor of an Elephant with the attack and range of a Hand Cannon, Strong vs infantry, weak vs Pikemen, Skirmishers and Camels.
    Stats:
  • HP: 250, 300 for elite.
  • Attack: 18, 22 for elite.
  • No attack Bonuses.
  • Rate of fire: 3.0
  • Frame Delay: 6
  • Range: 7
  • Accuracy: 65%, 70% for elite.
  • Projectile Speed: 5,5
  • Armor: 1/2, 1/3 for elite.
  • Armor Classes: Archer, Cavalry, Cavalry Archer, Gunpowder Unit, War Elephant, Unique Unit.
  • Speed: 0.8
  • Training Time: 25 seconds
  • LOS: 7, 8 for elite
    Upgrade to Elite: 1200 food, 900 gold (80 seconds).
    Unique Technologies:
  • CA UT: Royal Elephants: Battle Elephant Attacks 33% faster (400 food, 400 gold).
  • IMP UT: European Firearms: Gunpowder Units and Petards regenerate HP (20HP per minute) (1200 wood, 600 gold).
    Missing Techs:
    Barracks: Champion, Eagle Warrior and Squires.
    Archery Range: Heavy Cavalry Archer and Parthian Tactics.
    Stable: Cavalier, Camel Rider and Steppe Lancer as well Husbandry.
    Siege Workshop: Siege Ram, Heavy Scorpion.
    Monastery: Redemption, Block Printing, Heresy, Fervor.
    Dock: Elite Cannon Galleon, Heavy Demolition Ship.
    Blacksmith: Bracer,Plate Mail Armor.
    University: Arrowslits, Heated Shot, Treadmill Crane.
    Economic: Stone Shaft Mining and Two-Man Saw.
    Wonder: Wat Phra Sin Samphet.
    Campaign: Suriyothai.
3 Likes

This is insane cus that resembles my scenario civilization a lot. I like this a lot. I even removed scorpions because I had based it off the Khmer haha to deKhmerize them.

Siamese should be more appropriate in AOE2’s time frame. An all-encompassing Tai civ is just too broad.

2 Likes

My 9 suggestions based on prioritizing empires that are not included in the game yet:

• Tibetans
  • Ghorids (Afghans)
  • Jurchen
  • Kanem (as an umbrella for Nilo-Saharan peoples)
  • Bengals
  • Dravidians

Then for personal preference:

• Vlachs
  • Bantu (yes an unfortunate umbrella civ)
  • Thai

I would also appreciate it if:
Bohemians included some reference to Poles.
Georgians included some reference to Armenians.

By the way, is it actually confirmed that the max is 48 civs? I thought it was 52.

4 Likes

Interesting suggestions.
I dont think anything is confirmed about number of civs possible. What I have seeen is 48 as a number and some ppl saying its actually 50 but random and mirror civ options take two of these slots. So 48 is actually pretty arbitrary. We dont really kno its just an assumption.

1 Like

My experience with many new civs is that they have a gimmick design or are a copy of an existing civ. There arent really good new designs civs lately. So for me this is a real concern. So to me it look much harder to design good new civs. If it was easy, then the latest new civs would have been mostly good additions to the game. But i dont like their design.

There is nothing wrong with sharing an unpopular opinion, so i dont get your problem with posting unpopular opinions. You are in no way force to agree with my opinion either. Luckily you can also post your own opinion.

Have a nice day too!

1 Like

yes and my opinion is, if you dont want new civs just dont buy the dlcs

1 Like

Future civs being the main key, not ones that have been confirmed (I mean, it is doubtful they won’t keep making DLCs, it is a lot of money they would miss out on) so he has every right to give his opinion. Like I said in the Dawn of the Dukes thread discussing what civs you think will be in it, he posted he didn’t want any more civs, I told him that this was the wrong thread to say that in, the DLC has been confirmed, we are getting more civs whether you like it or not. This thread however is just speculation about future civs that haven’t been confirmed, so he has every right to voice his opinion here.

Maybe he wants the new campaigns, ever thought of that?

well ya we are getting new campaigns theres no issue here

Im not saying anything against his right to express his opinion, he can say whatever he wants, and i also have the right to criticize his opinion

Never said you didn’t but you are suppressing his opinion by saying he can’t give it in this thread

That is why he buys the DLC

1 Like

when did i tell him to not share his opinion? and no one buys dlc for campaign , just ask someone who already bought the campaign files and put them in mod

Which is illegal and most likely will be taken down.

2 Likes

Not sure why this thread is turned in the question why i should buy the DLC for the campaigns.

Even if you dont buy the DLC, then you have to still face the new civs in multiplayer. I dont really like playing against gimmick civs that are part of the DLC.

2 Likes

My final 9: Poles, Swahili, Kongolese, Mapuche, Iroquois, Bengals, Tibetans, Nubians, Tongans

4 Likes

I thought you were talking for both casual and competitive players, turns out u only care about the competitive ones