As everyone knows, we have received news about the new expansion (with some polarizing opinions about that, but mostly positive ones), it brings me to mind that it is not the last one to come.
We are getting 3 new campaigns and 2 new civilizations - which is interesting, because i have always been looking towards new campaigns for existing civilizations.
As a fellow developer, i know that money is important to sustain support for the game (bugfixing, new events etc) - i really think that we all wish that, because there are tons of great games still with bugs (e.g. the witcher 2 and the witcher 3), but with no official support, and thus have to rely on userfixes.
Therefore, i might have some ideas for the future patches:
3 new campaigns and 1 new civilisation every year (i don’t think we need that many new civilisations, but 1 a year should not be a big problem, right?)
Regarding campaigns, there are lots of players (probably even more than those who play ranked matches/skirmish) who play casually and enjoy a good campaign, but are limited to play “only” 24 (soon to be 25) of the current 35 civilisations -> who didn’t wish to play as the mighty persians, english, chinese or japanese in campaign scenarios in their younger years?
some campaigns might include those of:
- Slavs (renamed to rus’) -> Alexander Nevski (Dracula is not enough to fully experience any of the civs in that campaign…)
- Japanese -> Nobunaga or Tokugawa campaigns in sengoku period
- Chinese ->Red turban rebellion + Goryeo invasions
- Koreans -> Goryeo kingdom, including Kaesong scenario
- Lithuanians ->Vytautas
- Vikings -> Ragnar’s conquests
- Mayans -> Tikal-Calakmul wars (expanded)
- Persians -> Muhammad Ghori or Shapur the great
- Turks -> Mehmed II’s conquests
- Magyars -> Andrew II’s camapigns
And the new civs might include
- Bohemians (see the post above)
- Saxons (Saxon conquest of Britain)
I would gladly pay 10 bucks a year for official new campaigns for the old civilisations, and thus support the developers in keeping the aoe games healthy and updated:)