The future of AoE2:DE expansions

Well it can be introduced. Just like I did for my Persian Anusiya Unit in my mod. It has one hit kill against villagers.
They introduced new armour class just for the Leitis.

2 Likes

There was no leitis armor class before, and what happened? It was added!

It does not matter whether there are units that 2 shot kill full health villagers, those units have strong attack overall. Having a bonus like this is not wrong.

Creating outposts with garrison slots, different costs for teams and whatever like that takes much more time than creating a new armor class :wink:

I disagree with 5 bonuses per civ, most civs have about 4 bonuses and there are many with only 3.

Confederation could add ranged attack to outposts only, team bonus should be changed for the 2x hitpoints
The iroquis warrior should instead have better raiding capabilities

otherwise i like it;)

1 Like

The outpost bonuses are basically useless, ranked games almost never get past castle age, and their outposts would only be good in Imperial age where they can be spammed.

I think it is a good idea to make the outposts more usable atleast for a special civilization. Maybe the bonuses can be further buffed.
How about boosted garrison healing speed in outposts as well?

1 Like

Many civs already have 5 or 6 bonuses: Teutons, Goths etc and some bonuses which are different are written in the same line e.g. Italian University and Dock

Tomahawk are already good raiding units: medium pierce armor, good mobility and damage vs buildings

No need for buffs, this is balanced as it is, since it gives protection, more view for the less price.

1 Like

I would do it it like this:
-Give the Tomahawk a good damage bonus vs Cavalry, and take the Halberdier from the Tech Tree, perhaps even the Pikeman.
-Give the Mantlet ranged Melee damage, and have it be both Siege and Infantry, so it get Squires, Arson and Siege Engineers, aswell as the Infantry weapons and Armour upgrades.

Anasazi

Infantry and Defensive civilization

• Each farm technology +2 carry capacity on farmers
  • Barracks cost -100W
  • Repairers work 100% faster and repairing costs 25% less
  • Units negate disadventageous effects of fighting uphill

Unique Unit: Tracker - Karambit Archer

• Unique Technology: - Kachina: Eagle Warriors and Trackers are trained 50% faster
  • Unique Technology: - Irregular Warfare: Infantry (expect Eagles) +1/1 armor

Team Bonus: Trade units +3/3 armor and +50 hitpoints

Campaign: Xauian

Mississippians

Infantry civilization

• Farms are 2x2
  • Fishermen donā€™t need Mill, Town Center or Dock to drop-off food
  • Eagle Warriors attack 15/20/25% faster in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial age

Unique Unit: Caddo Javeliner- Ranged unit that does both Melee/Pierce Damage, good against Archers and Cavalry, but weak against the Militia-line and Siege due to very low attack, because this unit relies on Bonus Damage

• Unique Technology: - Birdman: Caddo Javeliner +2 range
  • Unique Technology: - Falcon Warriors: Militia-line +30 hitpoints

Team Bonus: Recieve a Canoe with the first Dock (scouting unit)

Campaign: Tuskaloosa

2 Likes

Lol.
Hahaha!

I am sorry, it was just too good of an oppurtunity.

1 Like

Avian themed plates are thought to depict aspects of the Birdman , a major figure in Mississippian iconography closely associated with warfare, ritual dancing, and the game of chunkey.[4]

2 Likes

I know, but I also like Harvey Birdman.

1 Like

They need to be more viable, they are useless outside of Imperial

It isnā€™t a good bonus, they are only useful in Imperial, 2 bonuses and an Imperial Tech useless makes it a pretty underpowered civ

Eagle Warrior civ, wood discount, wood economy bonus=good civ

I just love how this forum is, at times, the perfect space for people to share their dreams and unleash their imagination. Itā€™s great and you also get to learn a bunch of new stuff.

3 Likes

1450 gives them 3 years.

Are any other civs nearly as late as this?

About the other theory, i would need to research that more before commenting.

Your Iroquois civ proposal would make them a terrific eagle-spamming civ, which can easily counter all archer civs.

Well, considering that in the historical battles you have Lepanto (1571), Kyoto (1582), and Noryang Point (1598), I would say 1450 is safely within the time frame of aoe 2.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that would be at all accurate? Bad idea to make a civ mostly fantasy.

I guess, but the civs you play as in these scenarios entered onto the stage much much earlier.

Thats a bad argument those civilizations were active before that and has recorded history unlike iroqs.

No it isnā€™t a good civ. They are missing Imperial UT that isnā€™t useful, a team bonus that isnā€™t useful, and 2 bonuses are useless until you get your Imperial tech. Ranked games rarely go past castle anymore, they would never be picked.