The issues with AOEIV

yup but at the level of aoe 4 which is the buggiest game in the franchise atm.

Perhaps that was true 8 months ago but it’s not today.
Again, have you played this game recently because it doesn’t sound like it.

You’re still missing my point, so we are “arguing” on what we already agree on.
The point is one does not simply increase positivity by…by persuading people to be positive.
Yes most of the features should have been there at release are and will be implemented in the foreseeable future. That’s great. Now the criticisms on this particular points will mostly be gone, but that does not mean confidence is back all of a sudden.
A very handy example would be AOE3DE. It was released in a very bad state and there were sharp criticisms and I was among them. They took ~3 months to fix the game (with almost weekly updates) and when the first DLC is announced (~6 months later) the community is generally positive on the state of the game (there were arguments about the content itself but it is a different thing).

Positivity does not grow from trees. It does not make sharp turns either. So my suggestion would be the same as what people kept telling me when I asked why xxx feature is not implemented: BE PATIENT.

2 Likes

bruh when you pay for something you expect to get it full at the beginning.

As stated many times before this wasn’t the case for AoEIV and that’s on them, but we are here now with a much better game in our hands. Either play it or leave it.

All I’m saying is that it doesn’t help to be 24/7 negative about the game because it didn’t launch the way X person wanted it, and then is stuck with whining about old stuff that has already been addressed by the team.

I mean we get it, they failed on that part but the important thing is that they have fixed those issues that was literally game breaking. I don’t see many people talk about that, how great job they have done and not just leave AoEIV like a quick cash grab. Again would I prefer to have this at release, of course! Can’t change the past, only can move forward and they have done just that.

Of course you cannot be positive without something to show that it’s headed in the right direction, but the team have proved they are listening to our feedback and with every patch it becomes better and better. If that doesn’t provide positivity around here I don’t know what will do that.

or refund it because aoe 4 dont worth the price. Even on gamepass price.

Go ahead and refund it, it’s your choice at the end of the day. Me and many other people are really enjoying this game, and my 380+ hours in the game are 100% worth the deluxe edition that I payed. I will contiunue to enjoy this game, until the day that I stopp playing it.

ok go play your buggy game that probably they will not get it complete when you get bored of it like any player that left the game.

I’ll enjoy this game don’t worry about that. The same thing cannot be said about you, spaming the forums of a game that you 100% dislike. Don’t you have anything better to do than this?

2 Likes

spamming against the progress of aoe 4 is why I believe the best way to make a progress and protect aoe 4 is by gatekeeping player with that mentality.

Because there were also people who 24/7 tell you the previous state was not a problem at all, in the first place.

Now this is the problem: the “right direction” for now is “getting almost all the basic functions done”. That is so basic that it still offers little confidence to potential future supports or content updates. You cannot say it takes the same efforts from 4/10 to 6/10 and from 6/10 to 8/10. I would hardly say they added color selection or map editors because the community asked for them. More likely they are in the first year plan of “release it in the current state and add these features later”. Now, who knows what the next year’s plan is.

Like I said true positivity would only return no sooner than the first major content update.

2 Likes

Your point was “you don’t think a toxic community is ever a factor that harms the game”. It’s clear enough, but then again I never asked you to be more clear. I said by definition a toxic community will have an impact on a game.

You mentioned LoL. MOBA games are famous (well, infamous) for their toxicity. Even the successful ones. We’re not arguing whether or not a game can be successful regardless of player toxicity. We’re arguing your claim that toxicity can never harm the game.

I never said this is how any problem would be solved.

1 Like

We are going back to the same old whine over and over again. For the 100th time, yes those things should had been at launch but they weren’t, now is it better for them to leave the game after releasing it or them working and listening to us the players on our feedback and eventually fix this game over time with patches?

I don’t understand what do you get out of this? Nothing! What’s done is done and regardless how you feel about the release of this game, they can only but move forward. Now if you want to wait until being positive about it until you see what ever your vision of a first major content update is then by all means do it.

What I don’t understand is why you guys go back to the same old argument over and over again despite most of these arguments are now fixed & soon more to follow with next patch.

1 Like

I’m confused. We are talking about the past updates, and updates that are coming up, and how “you SHOULD not be negative or pessimistic because the previous state is bad”. How can we possibly avoid talking about the previous state? Only you are allowed to say “yes the previous state is bad but you should be confident”, and when I say “you cannot suddenly turn positive just because the bad previous state is almost fixed” it is the same old whining? Are you the only one authorized to talk about the previous state here?

And I strongly recommend you getting out of the “you guys we guys” psychology as if there is one organized group just aiming to undermine the fragile AOE4 by posting on this forum (oh why it is fragile in the first place?)

3 Likes

It seems you clearly don’t understand my previous posts. All I ever have said here is that I’m tired of seeing people whine about old stuff, talking about as if that’s still ongoing today with the game and doesn’t provide ANYTHING to the table in terms of new constructive feedback.

To do that you need to have played the game which for example @Franknezu11 have stated they haven’t, not for a long time. And to that I ask how can you today talk about a game regarding a state it was 8 months ago compared to today without even have played it? It’s not the same game anymore, how on earth do you have valid criticism over it?

Everyone is of couse welcome to provide their own thoughts about the game and how it can become better, that’s no brainer but sorry it sounds a lot like you always get stuck in the past, for things that are fixed and addressed already! How exactly does that help anyone?

Almost every argument starts like this " But it wasn’t at release". We get it it wasn’t but it’s now isn’t that better than never?

3 Likes

Because they are solid games and have a strong player/audience base. That’s the reason they do not suffer from toxicity. If a game really suffers from toxicity it usually has a weak basis, and I don’t not think you consider AOE4 as such a game.

Like many times I see when a major content in a small community creator does something wrong and is forced to leave the community, the defenders usually use the “no if we lose him it will be a major blow to the community” rhetoric .
The reason is because the community is not solid or large enough to have multiple major content creators so that losing one is not a major blow to the community.

And the other point is: bad handling fosters toxicity and makes the game MORE susceptible to toxicity.
I did not say toxicity is not harmful at all. I’m saying it’s not a primary factor but rather a consequence.

1 Like

There is a difference between providing constructive criticism & feedback for a game and another to just talk negative about the game and trash it to the ground.

You mean to tell me that newcomers that see this bad negativily don’t see that and get scared away? How does that help the game?

Instead if they saw people who are passionate for this game and provide with real constructive feedback, while also pointing out on things that are fun and work great, a player will see that ok we have a fun game here that is in work in progress and won’t get as easily scared away.

This to me is night/day in difference. The way you talk about things matter, especially a place like the internet where all you see is a text message without body language etc.

I am only responsible for what I say myself.
I think you should be aware of the difference between these two kinds of statements:

• “Because the previous state is bad and took long to fix, so I am not positive”
  • “Because the previous state is bad and took long to fix, I do not think people will turn positive all of a sudden”
    The first one is my personal opinion.
    The second one is my observation or speculation on what others will think, based on my own understanding and experience. And I was talking about the bad previous state because I want to prove this point, not because I just like iterating how bad it was.

You can persuade me, or every single person you run into, against the first point. Well you don’t really need to because I’m not generally negative right now after the recent updates, but (I believe) it is not going to change the second (what I believe to be a) fact.

That’s the same point I’ve made before: at the release the game has a lot to talk about, so “toxicity” is overwhelmed by constructive discussions. Now it does not. So the community becomes “toxic” and “less constructive”. You cannot turn it by simply muting every single person who is toxic, or dragging everyone back to the discussions. They still have little to talk about and toxicity grows back. That’s why I think it can only change with solid major content updates so that people have something to talk about constructively in the first place.

Just like you can keep spraying disinfectants and odor removers to your unattended dish so it no longer smells. But it turns bad soon afterwards. Only after you clean it can the problem be solved once and for all. And that is not a process to be completed all of a sudden.

2 Likes

Well, you can be unhappy about it as much as you like but things change and in this case most issues back then has been addressed. Now at the same time, I do not expect people to right away become super positive about the game that once wasn’t and nor do I expect them to be super positive. You can still enjoy the game without being that positive, and I’m fully aware that things like that needs time.

All I have said up until now is for those who keep mentioning and bringing up the same old arguments that there are proof of being fixed & addressed, just need to check the patch notes to find out the difference. There is no point in bringing up old stuff that has been addressed, regardless of how you felt at release.

We can all agree that they should have delayed this game to polish the game a lot more but it is what it is, and now we are here with a solid state of the game and can only hope that they continue to provide further updates & content.