The issues with AOEIV

Glad that AGE lll is surpassing AGE IV, hopefully devs will see how wrong are they about its design and art choices.

8 Likes

confirmed. no cap

Wow. Well done, Forgotten Empires. What an absolute master class they are putting on in steering a legacy title.

6 Likes

I see. Inhales some copium… It’s just because it’s free to play weekend for AOE3. Surely AOE4 can’t have less players than AOE3 under normal circumstances… Right?

de hecho esos números están así desde hace una semana, y van subiendo de manera lenta pero constante, dudo mucho que sea por este fin de semana

When i said that graphic and artstyle could have a great impact on many players (casual) some people on this community said i was a troll.

AOE3de Is rich, beatiful and funny.

7 Likes

Forgotten Empires are talented guys and Tantalus too. Sometimes i wonder how Bing Engine could be appear with more improvements. They done a stunning work with AOE3de: It was one of the most beautiful RTS ever made (beside CoH2 and Spellforce3).

7 Likes

If you take a look at the stats

aoe3 free to play weekend, cost around $5-$10
Been out for around 20years, so you have a player base that has always been into that game and will keep playing it

Aoe4 has around 80k monthly players
Hasn’t really had a decent sale and been out for less than a year
Doesn’t have history at the moment where someone will come back couple years time to play again

Total war Warhammer 3 and Aoe4 are kinda at the same stage.
Lost a lot of the player base after a few months cause there’s not enough content

Each time there’s new content the player base will start growing again

1 Like

Is not about content, it is the game itselft…

1 Like

Take a look at the numbers Aoe2 and Aoe3 have sold 10mil - 20 mil copies in there life time vs around 500-1mil for Aoe4

Of course there should be more people on them games

More people play Aoe4 than the other 2 combined for % of copies sold

comparing “playerbase for % copies sold” of 20yr old games and brand new game doesnt make a lot of sense tbh, since the old games have been sold multiple times to the same people → aoe2 → aoe2HD → aoe2 DE. In addition most aoe 4 players use Xbox gamepass, so they didnt buy it, thereby pushing your proposed ratio even further.

this doesnt really matter, since this coreplayerbase is relativly stable, but slowly declining (in every game). A 3-day free2play event wont lure someone back into a game, he already owns.

2 Likes

Glad to see that AoE 3 de is growing, hopefully it will surpass aoe 4. Tried aoe 4 last night, first time in like 2 months and noticed that there seemed to be a lot less games on the casual browser, got a quick match game fairly fast though 4v4.

Ah yeah when AoE3 has a free weekend and AoE4 is in an intermission between seasons…

Also, what is with people’s obsession with trying to pit one age game against another. Why the tribalism? It honestly looks pathetic.

2 Likes

Because they have nothing better to do and some folks just want to hate on this game for no reason & they try to find anything to bash AoEIV with, now i’ts AoE3 free weekend player base next week it might be something else to use in order to make AoEIV look bad. Pathetic indeed!

Lets not go full tribalism, i may say plenty over 4, while praising og games, but its from objective standpoint, basing it all on what i can see, interact with, mod etc. and there’s quite a few more people with similar way of thinking, there are bad apples ofc, but not all, and defending an obvious set of flaws which may or may not be patched just makes you look bad, you have to be able to criticise and still see a positive, same goes the other way around

I’m very curious as well.

Yeah that was also stupid.