The Mongols have too many female military units generated

They do look different, female heavy units has long hair and a female voice ofc.
It is only the Mongol civ as historically, women fought beside the men but not as a heavily armored unit. But, mostly horse archers. Armoured units must be physically fit.

Not to disagree with the sentiment, but archers, especially those before the advent of assisted bow tech, always had to be in rather acceptable physical condition as well.

Nobody can ride raw or use a bow, or do both, without some long conditioning period leading up to it; that is, if they were to be effective, which wasn’t always a necessity in their world where one sided battles were the majority of battles.

1 Like

The draw weight of bows can be adjusted when it is crafted for each person so it is not an issue especially when it comes to composite recurve bows since they are much better than Longbows.

But, heavily armoured units, fight at the front and needs to be much more skilled and stronger.
And for such a role the Mongols didn’t accept women.

Women were good at hit and run or ambush etc.

5 Likes

No obviously not everything is historically accurate, but they can aim for a well balanced game with enough accuracies to reflect the Medieval period in a way that is enjoyable, good for gameplay, and even somewhat educational in a pure basic, introductionary view. Having troops be the right gender obviously doesn’t affect balance in anyway, unlike giving Delhi elephants in age 1 or Chinese nest of bees. My view on the game is that historical accuracy should be a massive component and considered with almost every decision, but not at the cost of balance and enjoyability.

1 Like

This is pure delusion “not wokeness its rng” yeah who made the rng. That’s like saying that a murder who shot someome isn’t a killer the gun is.

3 Likes

So sorry that you guys are so fragile you can’t play a game where some of the units are women, lol. Deal with it big boy.

1 Like

What part of rng do you not understand?

It was designed with 50% male and 50% female generation. And hence sometimes you may end up with a lot more women than men, and other times the other way around.

If that is too much wokeness for you, I recommend you make a time machine and go back to the Mongol times. This is 2021, not 1410. A little extra representation by women never hurt anyone playing this game, no matter how inaccurate it is.

1 Like

His argument was about the decision to introduce the 50/50 chance in the first place. If you are happy with the decision that is fair enough but it’s a developer choice to include it.

3 Likes

You’re really not the brightest are you? Do you also beileve the game came out of thin air and that no one developed it?

4 Likes

I do play it lol, the decision doesn’t affect my want to play the game at all in fact, but as a lover of history I appreciate when history is treated as it should and not with modern agendas seeping into it, especially in a game that, as I said, was heavily marketed around its historical basis. As I said though this doesn’t affect my want to play the game, but I’m still going to point out historical innacuracies as a historian.

2 Likes

history? In the Age franchise?

How realistic do you think this game actually is?

Hint: It’s not. At all. In the slightest.

(Also, not using women for heavily armored fighting roles wasn’t impossible - the Haida of North America did it just fine, and the peoples they regularly raided have stories of fearing the women raiders far more than the men raiders.)

1 Like

heavy armored
native americans

uhhhhh Nope.

Anyway it’s bs to believe that there were plenty of women in the Mongol Army. They should scale the RNG to 95/5 imo, and that would still be too much.

2 Likes

Okay. Answer this. If it is not a problem, why don’t they give, say, Rus’ a 50/50 men/women creation ratio?
That’s right. Because they are attempting historical accuracy. But in their attempt, they decide to be controversial and make women half the army.

3 Likes

No I don’t think the game developed itself.

But an army spawning all female is just a random chance. It is supposed to happen like that once a while.

Wokeness would mean an army would always be half and half. Here they just left it to chance.

This game is not historically accurate and the AoE franchise is not historically accurate in general. You just have a problem with people pushing women’s representation.

1 Like

They at least should have given Khutulun a chance to spawn in the game

The armor of the Pacific northwest and the Aleutian islands was dense enough that Russian histories on the area indicate their muskets were worthless in a ranged fight.

Is that not “heavy armor,” if it is capable of stopping musket fire reliably enough that the enemy stops attempting to use said muskets?

1 Like

Honestly? No. I’ve had too many arguments over Native Americans on these forums to the point where I’ve literally reviewed math involving velocity and material densities for people only for them to still reject it because they refuse to let go of internal bias regardless of what information I give them.

Take it at face value or don’t. I don’t particularly care, but do know you’re probably not gonna find another person on these forums more well-read or educated on many Native American cultures and histories than me.

1 Like

Why would it always being half and half be woke?

2 Likes

I’ll spell it out for you then lmao, it shouldn’t be 50/50. The woke devs made it that way.

4 Likes

I’ve never stated its perfectly accurate, and I’ve stated that balance/gameplay is more important, however it can still have a solid, fairly accurate basis, small decisions like getting soldiers gender right that doesn’t affect gameplay will go a long way for immersion.

3 Likes