The Most OP Cavalry Archer Civilisation (Based on SotL's Video)

You know this starts in castle age, do you?

Well this depends against which type of civ you are fighting, if you fight the civ with mangudai or camel archer each, the camel archer will of course win.

doesnā€™t matter. i have a solid eco and honestly iā€™d probably go with the sicilian bonus over free thumb ring and parth tactics. which means iā€™d have a solid early game military bonus for before castle age.

This could actually be replaced by the sicilian bonus, I think. ANd then mangudai seems more obvious.

1 Like

hereā€™s the thing - your eco bonus is solid but has no permanent effect. mine of course does.

nah in early castle age you win. more hp, you get free thumb ring, etc. but when it comes time to reach the late game i am replacing my units faster and can flood.

very true. thatā€™s honestly something two changes could fix. actually i am going to change it.

fixed. now my scouts have 10% less hp, but my knights are stronger and of course everything is basically going to laugh at pikes and camels.

actually also affects cav archers :wink:

i also changed it, but iā€™m not so concerend about cav archer hp when i have

i have 140 hp knights and 212 hp paladins and 110 hp hussars which take 50% less bonus damage.

This, and replace the cavalry speed bonus with some dark age eco bonus, so that your civ doesnā€™t get left behind by all the other ones in the thread

1 Like

I think this would actually be interesting to check which of that is more important. I personally believe early eco would beat lategame mobility, but itā€™s hard to say without testing.

Well, letā€™s say that with camel archers I beat all of your CA civs, especially when they are faster, cheaper, tankier and with more range and attack, unless you pick camel archer yourself.

But if your goal is to have a civ that can do everything with CA, then mangudai solve your problem against siege. Mine have to use melee cav, which itā€™s a bit offā€¦

Ok for the 50% less bonus damage and the hussars, but why the paladins?

You wrote:

So I supposed it was the mongols bonus, not the frank bonus.

Also, my CA and camels archers negate you +1 PA, and can kite you down. And I still inflict that 50% of bonus damage.

@MatCauthon3 chose that instead of free techs (or at least I think so) but I prefer the power spike coupled with the viking eco bonus, faster CA (who have husbandry) and insta more HP.

So I get to castle age with 2 key eco techs, a key CA tech (that itā€™s expensive) and I save resources on CA too. I can even delay BL and husbandry a bit, since I have bonuses for both.

In the end, skirms, who are the main counter to CA, deals just 6 damage, which is reduced to 3. The same is for camel archers.

Maybe, it depends, mine are more pop efficient though, and youā€™ll always run behind meā€¦

i changed it. i took the 20% cav HP over 30% to scouts.

but i can overwhelm you. and frankly, iā€™m considering swapping to camel archers too for the UU.

like i said. iā€™m not sure which is better, do i go with faster production/less damage taken/extra armor and be able to overwhelm or extra hp/range/attack? it would be interesting to test these various bonuses and find out which are truly the best to choose.

i am not saying mine are for sure the best, just my thoughts. maybe i should drop the silk armor for the recurve bow. theres simply a lot of good bonuses that could apply to a good cav archer civilization.

Well, besides the viking eco is more versatile, the mayans bonus actually fits better into ca because cav archer civs dont want to boom as other civs and place far less farms.
I think also the chinese bonus would be stronger than both, mayans or vikings for that civ, actually. But itā€™s not that easy to decide, I think all three bonusses can work with it.

I considered it instead of Scutage for my civ, but my civ doesnt have Steppe Lancers, so felt weird about it. but I think the extra armor is a very useful tech, it will help against archers and other CA. Its why I picked Jap tech tree, to get the final archer upgrade which the Mongols lack for example.

I think almost all our civs probably would still get rekt by Rattans :slight_smile: but not sure.

I think that actually all of these civs would get wrecked by a ā€œmost OP ecoā€ civ.
Any versatile tree

Vikings + Chinese + Teutons + Cumans bonus
Portuguese gold discount

Palisade walls extra HP or chinese farms as team bonus.

And UU mangudai, because itā€™s just the best UU. I think this would just borderline be the best civ overall.

True, I had to sacrifice such eco bonus for a bigger power spike in castle age to pair with the free TR.

If your eco is safe, which is difficult when you have such blitzkrieg that can run in your eco, kill vills, and run out before you can react.

He he, too easy, you canā€™t change it nowā€¦

No of course Iā€™m joking

Yeah of course. Personally, I think that you shouldnā€™t drop silk armor, maybe just add a viet archers bonus, giving them even more HP.

I personally think that if you add recurve bow, you also need cumans speed bonus, to make both really OP.

Personally, I tried to go a bit middle of the road, a bit of spammy bonuses, a bit of power spike bonuses, and a bit of stats buffs, to make it more balanced.

But your civ can be really dangerous in early castle age and post imp. Mine is better in my opinion only because itā€™s easier to use.

Well, in castle age I save 500w and 500f, and better farming means that I need less vills on farms.

I also thought of giving them aztecs eco bonus, but I prefer vikings one.

I too thought of chinese bonus, but itā€™s more difficult to use, and an OP civ is also an easy Civ in my opinion.

Ahhh okā€¦

very true.

mine also has the advantage of nasty knights/paladins (or even arbs honestly) as an option that isnā€™t cav archers + scouts. they arenā€™t completely all in on one strategy.

That would be interesting to see. I feel like that could be a fun topic on its own.

But I think the civ I posted in here has a good balance between eco and military bonuses, so it would stand up well in most situations. I think it would be able to perform very strong pushes in Castle Age, and really disrupt other economies. I guess Camel Archers and Rattans would be the big question marks. But a pure eco civ, hmm yeah I dont think my civ would do well against it, assuming the eco civ goes for some strong feudal aggression.

EDIT: I think the best eco civ would probably be based around the Burgundians, get the one age earlier
tech bonus, then free wheelbarrow and handcart from vikings, free wood upgrades from Burmese, free farm upgrades from Franks, and the Sicilian farm bonus, and voila, youā€™re OP as hell

2 Likes

Yeah I didnā€™t thought of using magyars tech tree for paladins, thatā€™s a point for you.

I have strong camels, but for as many bonus I can give them, camels will always suck in a CA contextā€¦

But I have an advantage over you all that I didnā€™t even consider (I got it random lol), before even CA comes into play, I have the best feudal age scout rush, with free WB and tankier and faster scouts.

oh i agree. youā€™re civ is very spikey. mine has a better long term plan i think. but regardless both are disgusting.

1 Like

Yeah but this is fun, we should make like a serious contest about this, where everyone can submit their idea and then vote the most OP all together, or with an impartial judge.

Why everybody pick bonus for CA but choose Mangudai as UU? Itā€™s silly, I prefer Hussar Magyar to support my OP CAs and do perfect against main CAā€™s countersā€¦ f*** Mangudai 11